Yes, it's another MacBook thread. Screen bezle loose.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iamhammill, May 26, 2006.

1. iamhammill macrumors 6502

iamhammill

Well on the right side, about an inch from the top, the bezel of my 2.0 is loose. When i push on it it seems to "click" inwards like the cap of a Snapple bottle. It's almost like a "pop" and then comes back out.

Is this enough to get a replacement?

I also have a horrible "moo" about every 10 seconds I get the noise, and also with the thing on my lap and only Adium and Firefox open, it's at 67º, and I'm dead serious when I say that when I just tried to lift up my MacBook from the back left, I expeirenced that reflex our bodies make when we touch a hot stove.

I'm worried the plastic is gonna start melting, or it's going to burn a whole in my sheets.

Do I drive the 1.5 hrs to my Mac store, or just ship it back? Will they give me the same machine or like a gift card? For the same price, I can get the 1.83 ghz and 1 GB ram, 80 GB HD. Seems like the 1.83 have less problems anyways.

Jake

BTW, if this thing doesn't stop the mooing, I'm throwing it into my wall. Look for a "FS: Macbook, use for parts" thread soon.

Oh yeah, my powerbrick sounds like its going to explode.

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

3. iamhammill thread starter macrumors 6502

iamhammill

Yeah it does look good. The screen thing isn't really a cosmetic issue, but def something to be concerend about imo.

It took me 10 days to finally give in, and accept the fact that this thing is a bust, and it kills me to admit it.

4. jdiddy macrumors member

I just realized I have the excat same issue along with the mooing. I wonder if these issues are enough to warrant a replacement.

5. ncook06 macrumors regular

My 1.83 has the same screen thing, but other than that this is soooo much better than my MBP!

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Glad to see Apple came out with yet another problematic computer. No MacBook for me for a while I guess. :(

7. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

This is why I rarely upgrade from one computer to another. When I get one that works flawlessly, I try my best not to give into the temptation of a faster computer. My PowerBook treats me well, and it will be around for a long time (especially if Apple doesn't fix some of the issues with these Intel 'books).

8. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Yes! What are you waiting for? Take it back! ;)

Same here! :)

9. Acehigh macrumors 6502

10. cloudblood84 macrumors regular

cloudblood84

mine clicks too but its not worth the effort to return it as ive already transferred my files. i dont know about the rest of u guys but the only things i push my my macbook are the keys ;)

11. iamhammill thread starter macrumors 6502

iamhammill

It's not that I push on it all the time, I'm just worried it could eventually lead to some problems.

So if I drive down to my apple store, and they hook me up with a replacement, will the genius transfer my stuff over too?

Is it possible for them to just give me an Apple Gift Card? I think I should just order the 1.83 with more ram and a HD.

12. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Yes, because every Macbook out there has this issue :rolleyes:

13. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

No, but I have bought 3 Apple laptops and they've all had problems. All different, all "within acceptable range". Beeee-Essss.

Great engineers, awful manufacturers.

14. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I would think even one defect out of a thousand machines is too much concidering the price of them. :eek: You can buy a Noreclo razor for a $100 and it will be perfect with zero defects. ;)

15. iamhammill thread starter macrumors 6502

iamhammill

My two weeks is up tomorrow. Is there anything I can do after my two weeks about the heat issue? I'm not sure if it's worth it to try and get a replacement.

I'm idling @ 60º, and peaked 80º tonight.

I have no idea what to do.