Yes! My new 40GB 4G iPod is here!

Discussion in 'Community' started by emw, Jan 3, 2005.

1. emw macrumors G4

emw

I am not normally one to throw threads out there on such trivial things as this, but my travails in getting this particular iPod have been fairly well documented the past 2 weeks here on the forums.

But that is all in the past, for my new iPod arrived at my door this morning, and I have been enjoying it immensely (listening to it now, in fact). I ran out to my local Apple Store this afternoon to get some accessories:

The Griffin iTrip. I've heard mixed reviews for this, but one of my vehicles does not have a cassette player, so I needed something for that. Plus, I bought it as "refreshed" so I got it for $20. So far, it seems to work well.

The XtremeMac Audio Kit, which includes a cassette adapter, car power adapter, stereo connector, audio splitter, computer speaker cable, and an extension cable (for the various headphone connectors).

I tried to get the eVo2, but they didn't have the color I wanted, so I'll have to hold off on that or order it online.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase, despite the various roadblocks! I can see why these things have been selling so well... and I've only just begun to explore the possibilities. Any other "must-have" accessories (aside from the case), or am I pretty well covered?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Congrats! Just beware the iPod's infamous ability to scratch more easily than a stick of butter. If you need to wait for the evo2 case, find something like an old sock to keep it safe - or the one Apple gave you....

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

And, also, are there any more accessories which you haven't already purchased within hours of getting your iPod? :D

4. emw thread starter macrumors G4

emw

Oddly enough, I essentially did that, although without the "cutting out the essential parts" stuff. The click wheel works through the plastic, and hopefully I'll have the well-recommended eVo2 soon!

5. emw thread starter macrumors G4

emw

I saw:

1) A laser pointer attachment (WTF?)
    2) A microphone adapter
    3) A voice recorder

And that was just at the Apple Store. Perhaps the iPod Fan, or an iPod flashlight?

6. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that at the store last week. Why would you need one of those, especially when you can get one that does not require an iPod?? :confused: :confused:

7. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

It's so you can listen to some toe-tappin' tunes while attempting to bring down commercial aircraft.

8. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I don't have any accessories to recommend, but I'd take a look at some of the software available for your iPod.

When I had my Mini, I really liked Pod2Go, to download directions, news, movie info, stock info, etc. to the iPod. I'm sure there's tons of similarily useful software out there, too.

I read about your troubles trying to get your iPod, emw ... I'm glad you finally got it, and for cheap too! :)

9. emw thread starter macrumors G4

emw

Thanks for the link - that looks like a cool piece of software. I had no idea such a thing existed! Maybe I can ditch my Palm after all...