Yes, yes... another one!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macmadandproud, May 20, 2006.

1. macmadandproud macrumors member

Ok, so here is yet another Macbook vs Macbook Pro thread.

I have a 1.83 MBP that I paid $1500 for. I know all of the specs and stuff, but can't help but be drawn to the black macbook. I have loaded UT2004, it plays like a dream, and I love that. But the reality is that I only like playing this stuff for about 30 mins....then I am back to good old Starcraft and Civ III.

I love the greater portability of the macbook, as well as the more rugged design. I will be starting grad scool in the summer in education, and will be teaching in a high school...somehow the macbook just seems more practical, any thoughts?

The thing is, that financially, it would prove a wash. Does this make it dumb to do?

I would really appreciate some perspective on this!

Thanks,

Jay.

2. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

The only thing you gain now, in your situation is getting a slightly smaller screen, slightly less weight and easier to access RAM and HD.
    In your case, i see no reason to switch.

3. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I think you just have some good ol' lust. You'd lose a lot of money even if you managed to sell it. I wouldn't take the bait.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Stick with the MacBook Pro that you have. You're not going to be able to game on the normal MacBook.

5. macmadandproud thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, you are right. But it is just not right I tell you...a pro machine user lusting after an Apple consumer machine.

The Mac world just seems to topsy turvey these days, I think that I liked it better when the iBooks were crap. :)

6. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

* 2 ... the money you lose on the MBP is not worth it in the end.
    Keep the MBP and get an invisable shield to protect the MBP

7. macmadandproud thread starter macrumors member

Well, I am not sure that I would lose money.

I got a great deal and only paid $1500 for this machine. I could probably get that back if I were to sell it...no?