Yet another confirmation that Dogs rule and Cats Drool. :)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stelliform, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

OK, I am a Dog person, but I think anybody will find this story remarkable.

Dog saves man trapped in bath.

Too bad the guy didn't teach the dog how to charge the phone!

2. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I wouldn't say that this article shows that cat's drool, it just shows that dogs are more likely to save your life...

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is trully a remarkable heartwarming story. It's too bad that he didn't have some kind of medical alert around his neck that he could have called for help. I'm surpised that he didn't have someone checking on him more often than once a week! :(

That is a remarkable dog that he remained with his master and kept him awake. I'm just glad that he is OK after his ordeal! :)

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

This story just saves dog's reputation after that story about the family that trained the dog to unlock the front door for them, and it let a burglar into the house. :p

6. Kid Red macrumors 65816

I'ma dog lover and a cat would've sat there and stared at you. However, also keep in mind, it's 'BIG dogs' that save people. I have a min pin and do not believe for an instant this 18lb little guy could drag anyone anywhere :)

7. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

It seems the person who eventually entered the apartment was actually a bus driver -- someone who wasn't really expected to do anything in particular. While the dog's loyalty and enginuity is sweet and entertaining, I think the true heart-warmer is that someone got out of his/her bus, went up to the apartment, called for help and went in to check. That's taking an interest in the well being of others. I aspire to that.

(Oh, and regardless of the veracity of any claim of feline propensity for hypersalivatory function, dogs do, in fact, rule. :cool: )

8. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I agree. The fact that the kindness of strangers is still in existence warms the heart. Although it is disheartening that he didn't have friends or family that checked on him more often. I know my Mom calls me or I call her at least every other day. Of course I can't think of anybody else that checks on me like that. (I am married with a family, but I am not counting them....)

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Indeed, but This animal:
    'None' seems to be even more popular.

:p

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I like both cats and dogs. I have accepted that Cats are independent animals whereas Dogs are pack animals and there is really no point in comparing them.

I own a fish.

11. airmac macrumors regular

Well there is a big difference. First of all the dog needs a lot more care and you have to devote him/her more time in general. It is in fact a thing of a character. I have a cat...:D
    She's completely free, goes out whenever she wants and come back when she's hungry. I feel almost no obligations at all. Don't get me wrong, a dog just attaches to you and demands a lot of your attention. But if it works for you I'm really glad....i just love animals..;)

12. airmac macrumors regular

Exactly. Period..;)

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree with your assessment of dogs. Sometimes wonder how they ever made it in the wild. I don't have a cat. Do remember my grandmother have a cat on the farm to control mice.