Yet another cool piece of gear for PS3...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chone, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

http://gear.ign.com/articles/769/769529p1.html

This might push the FPS market on consoles even more, the idea sounds pretty good on paper and IGN liked it, its kinda of a mouse/gamepad hybrid wii-nunchuck inspired controller, the idea of a RTS game on a console doesn't sound THAT bad now (there are still not enough buttons for hotkeys) but FPS games should really benefit from this.

Hopefully this will catch on and developers will start developing games with the FragFX in mind...

Might make me buy a few more FPS on consoles now... :)

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Awesome. :)

I read someplace that originally UT for PS3 would support the Mouse, but later I read an interview where they talked about how they didn't include it. Not sure why they wouldn't?

<]=)

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

LOL, but not entirely in a bad way. That's... different. Doesn't look at sexy as a simplistic Wiimote but providing precision accuracy FPS games need. Hope they release left/right handed versions...

I'd take the helmet over that any day.

4. darkwing macrumors 65816

Not that I'd ever be interested in this... but as a left hander it sucks. :p

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

6. pcypert macrumors 6502

The final one looks different the article said...all black...should be sleaker. Sounds cool if it works as promised. The button to go slow or fast makes a lot of sense. The more I think about it this could be really cool and I have NO LOVE for the PS3 at all...

Paul

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I used something almost exactly like this at E3 '06 for PS2...