Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
I used to pretty much only use yahoo up until about 1 1/2 ago. For some reason I didn't really like google, perhaps it was because I was just so used to yahoo and its format. But I decided to give google another shot a while back when I was doing some research project on g-d knows what topic. To make a long story short, since then I have become slightly obsessed with google; I would even go as far as to say my interest in google is on par with or just below apple. I actually only use yahoo for one thing now: I use the email so that when I go online and am forced to enter an email address to receive a download or something like that, I can get the download and then let yahoo just accumulate the morass of spam that results; my little present to yahoo. Anyway, I had to get a download to today so I went on the site and sure enough there it was staring me right in the face... yet another example of why yahoo has expanded itself way too far. Interestingly, google has expanded itself very quickly, but it has done so in useful, clever, and extremely creative ways. Yahoo on the other hand provides me with helpful information like this....:eek::rolleyes: Seriously, great work on solving this important question!

Attachments

• yahoo.jpg
    yahoo.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 92

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
Not a huge fan of the interface, but it is an interesting question. Unfortunately for Yahoo, I just Googled it: people born blind don't "see" in their dreams; instead, they experience sounds and emotions.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Not a huge fan of the interface, but it is an interesting question. Unfortunately for Yahoo, I just Googled it: people born blind don't "see" in their dreams; instead, they experience sounds and emotions.

How about people that lose their sight after, say when they're 10+ years old?

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
I've found Yahoo Messenger to be a junky program that sucks up insane amounts of main system RAM.

Plus then those stupid avatar things are rather annoying and pointless. I dont even use Yahoo anymore, its all Google for me, and Hotmail for email. I have a Gmail account, but still havent swapped everything over. Seems like too much hassle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.