Yet Another iTunes question...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 210, Nov 14, 2005.

1. 210 macrumors regular

Apologies if this has been answered before but...

How do you change the song order of a particular album in the library? iTunes for some reason has changed the track order and I can't change it to the way it's supposed to be. This is particularly annoying on soundtracks as they don't blend into the next track anymore.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I use Mac OS 10.4.3

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Possibly to do with the type of column sorting you have on. If you click on the top of the 'Album' column, it should put the tracks in the order they are on the CD.

If this doesn't work, try right clicking on one of the tracks and choosing 'Get Info'. One of the tags should say something like 'Track 1 of 10'. Check these are in the right order, and correct if necessary.

3. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

If the problem isn't just how you have them sorted for display, then it's the true track number settings that need to be fixed. Some albums 'known' order may be incorrect and need to be fixed. You can edit the track number by going into 'get info' with a single song selected and change it's track number to what it should be, and click through them all to change them.

EDIT ^ I can't read... oh well.

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

This is likely occurring if you merely organized your music files by name before without verifying that their tags were correct. iTunes organizes by the information in the files ID3 tags (YAY METADATA), so you need to make sure this is correct. Get Info on the tracks in question and make sure that the tag for track number is correct.

5. 210 thread starter macrumors regular