Yet another laptop case thread...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Matt Phoenix, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Matt Phoenix macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2006
    Sorry, but I've just had some trouble finding a good case for my 14 inch iBook. Many cases seems to be too small for mine, as there seem to be plenty for a 12 inch iBook or even a 15 inch Powerbook, but not a 14 inch iBook. I was looking into the Timbuk2 messenger bags, and I loved the laptop messenger bag...until I realized my laptop was an inch too tall to fit into the computer compartment. Then I considered buying a medium messenger bag and a sleeve for my iBook...then I realized the external size of the messenger bag was the same height as my iBook...meaning a sleeve would be a very tight fit. I'm not sure if I want to pay even more for a large size bag on top of a sleeve.

I'm still looking around for a good bag. Any other good places for a case for a 14 inch iBook? I'd like to hear your advice on a bag...especially if you have the same laptop as I do.
  2. Matt Phoenix thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 6, 2006
    Ah, I just reread the medium bag measurements,and the height of the bag is 10.5", and the laptop is 10.2". If I were to get a sleeve, would it be able to fit in there, or would I be cutting it a little too close?
  3. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Apr 22, 2005
    Have you looed at any of the crumpler products?
    or radtech?

surely they make bags/sleeves for the ibook?