Yet another PC clone of a Mac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stoid, Jul 14, 2002.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

2. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

It is a crime to my senses to look at things like that.

Reminds me the time when I saw on tv an special of the "Venezuelan's Michael Jackson" and things like that.

Or like those choes you find in the 3rd world countries :)D) that says "Rebook".

Sad, sad, world. :(

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

:eek: YUK! :eek:

That kinda thing should be banned! It's horrible!

4. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

If all clones suck that bad, then it's a good thing the feds banned it. :D :D

Yippeee!!!!! Halfway to a 'tar!!!

5. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

It always excites me to see someone dig their own hole by copying the materials that make someone else's product, but not hiring an industrial designer.

20 to 1 says that the innards of that box are off the shelf ATX case parts.

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

That thing is butt-f*cking ugly... To call it a Mac case clone, or anything like a Mac, is an insult, pure and simple.

Apple should sue for that alone. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

it looks very cheap and tacky and is obviously built of poor quality. flimsy plastic hinges and doors that swing open. barf. that thing is just plain nasty.

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I wouldn't call it a Mac clone case. It looks more like a radio shack compaq clone case :p .

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

I just wonder how the living blue shiny plastic ugly he!! could the handle lift that thing alone and not break! It's like using a twig to pick up a CD-RW, except the CD-RW doesn't have a handle. :D :cool:

10. D*I*S_Frontman macrumors 6502

Nice breadmaker.

Does it have a timer on it so I can wake up in the morning to a nice fresh loaf of pumpernickel? Will I be able to upgrade it to do bagels later on?

Like anyone would trust that handle! Oh, and don't forget that all-important 3 1/2" floppy drive in front--real Mac-like.

Proof once again that if you want to see what PCs will look like in 3-5 years, look at a new Mac now. Sheesh.

(Of course the cruel irony is that this piece of junk probably has a faster motherboard/RAM than a 1gig G4 PM dualie and proboably costs at least a grand less. Let's hope MWNY will fix that once and for all...)

11. job macrumors 68040

job

If they think thats a Quicksilver clone case then they need professional help.

12. mr.w macrumors regular

How did you ever find that thing ... How can they even think of calling that thing a clone. I wonder how much something like that goes for?

13. digital1 macrumors 6502

digital1

Apple should go after the manufacturer and "designer" (if you can even call him that)

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

well, I'm surprised it hasn't happened at that level sooner. Pretty ugly, but the nice thing is that if we get new enclosures (if, who knows lately) that will be the old style, *passé*. So I say let them sell it, just feel sorry for the people who actually buy it....

15. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Uh...man...why oh why even attempt to put it online if it looks like that. They should just take a gun and shoot it out of it's misery

16. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

17. MattB macrumors member

I wonder how that thing looks next to a beige monitor, beige keyboard, beige mouse and beige speakers...lol

18. big macrumors 65816

big

that was bad, really bad...So here's another MACvsPC message board fight, started after an IM session

Nailhead.org | MacvsPC

you might find their reasoning humerous

19. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

it shows we have the design sense

you don't see apple making pc beige copies

20. Inhale420 macrumors regular

guys, that looks nothing like a g4 tower case. who came up with that idea? it does look better than a lot of pc cases though.

21. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

For peecee cases, I like what Cooler Master has to offer. I have one of the ATC110 cases for my game system, and it was easy to put everything into. Hell, I didn't even get any cuts from it (pretty impossible with any other case that's NOT a Mac).