Yet Another Reason to Vote Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Nov 5, 2012.

1. rdowns, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

macrumors Penryn

rdowns

We all know Romney would have just ignored the letter.

Link

2. macrumors P6

Peace

3. rdowns, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012

thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fixed.

4. macrumors 601

Moyank24

It breaks my heart that a 10 year old has to ask such questions, but what an absolutely touching (and spot on) response from President Obama.

5. macrumors P6

Peace

His reply is in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ I might add.

just sayin'

;)

6. macrumors 603

This, my friends, is exactly what a President should do.

History will look back on President Obama in 50-100 years and put him in the same category as JFK, FDR, Lincoln, and some of the other great Presidents we have had.

In America, no two families look the same. We celebrate this diversity. And we recognize that whether you have two dads or one mom what matters above all is the love we show one another. You are very fortunate to have two parents who care deeply for you. They are lucky to have such an exceptional daughter in you.

Our differences unite us. You and I are blessed to live in a country where we are born equal no matter what we look like on the outside, where we grow up, or who our parents are. A good rule is to treat others the way you hope they will treat you. Remind your friends at school about this rule if they say something that hurts your feelings.

damn ****ing right.

7. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Great letter from Obama.

As if I needed another reason to vote for him.

8. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well done OP.

Lovely thread, a terrific kid whose parents should indeed feel proud of her, and what a wonderful, heartfelt and utterly charming response from President Barack Obama.

9. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Does he get a writing credit for the Golden Rule?? ;)

10. macrumors 6502

11. Guest

Sigh. Another one of those ads that just falls apart when you actually put the statement in context. :rolleyes:

12. macrumors 601

Moyank24

Pot. Meet. Kettle.

Hopefully you guys are loading up on the canned goods for your bunkers because tomorrow will not be kind to you.

And, no comment on the OP? How do you believe Romney would have responded to that child? Knowing, of course, that he believes as the bullies do.

13. macrumors 6502a

Anyone else completely blown away by the right's absolute inability to pick their best battles?

14. macrumors 68000

hulugu

Con...tex..t?

Also, love the sourcing from dime21, because who can you trust if you can't trust Nice Deb?

15. macrumors 68040

bradl

common sense: n. A trait most on the right seem to have lost between 2002 and now.

BL.

16. macrumors 68000

Sydde

This is a thing that was kind of bothering me. In '06-07, there was some squabbling and such, but the Democrats were not digging in against Bush. I guess because Bush was such a scion of bipartisanship. Obama comes in and almost every Republican is braced against him from about day one. Who on the Republican side even made the merest olive-branch effort? So, ipso facto, Obama is a divider. Could not possibly have anything to do with the Republicans.

17. macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Sure, nice reply from the pr department.

Unfortunately politics wise there is not much difference between Rombama and Obamney. Wallstreet marionette #1 vs. Wallstreet marionette #2. It's just a political theatre image thing. Both will not give people more freedom or change anything for the better.

People who are still treating Obama as the second coming of Christ seriously need to open their eyes.

18. thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That's nice. Don't worry, Obamacare will cover your allergy to facts.

19. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

MR needs a hack, to stop Republicans from UP'ing their own posts.

20. macrumors 68040

Obama will win, cause hate is getting old and tired in America.

21. macrumors 6502

Really? Hate is getting tired? I would never have guessed that, from all the Christophobic comments and threads in this forum, the nasty trolling responses to any comment critical of Obama or his failed policies, and the disdain towards any financially successful individuals. Romney, for example. Oh look, Romney's worth $100M, he's a bad man for it! He must have stolen it like a criminal! Funny, since Romney released his tax returns and everything is clean and kosher 100%, but Obama has sealed his, along with his college records, and everything else he can hide from the public. Hate is alive and well my friend, have a peek at a mirror to see how it looks.

22. AhmedFaisal, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013

23. macrumors 6502

The huffington post? Really? Try finding a credible news source first, not internet hipster drivel.

And isn't it funny how a highly poisonous quote from Obama, and immediately you say Woah, stop the presses, hang on a moment, don't jump to any conclusions, we have to examine the context first. And then you go about repeating Romney's 47% sound bite without ever having listened to the full thing.

That's one thing about hypocrites - they sure do make me chuckle! Keep trying though, I enjoy a good laugh. :D

24. macrumors 6502a

Only ... only ... it's not a mirror ... but you holding an empty picture frame!!

:eek:

25. macrumors P6

Peace

Great comeback. Kudos !!

:D