Yet another released sex offender commits murder

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Backtothemac, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

because of the constant influx of drug offenders, even users, w/ mandatory minimum sentencing. the penal system ends up releasing other prisoners early, even those of the violent crime type. it's completely backwards.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

above, i was speaking in the general sense. in this case (from the article):

4. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I agree with you 100%. I personally think that they should give the death penalty to someone that sexually assaults a child. Get these bastards out of our society.

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I am not a death-penalty fan...no matter what the infraction...but the idea of castration jumps to mind...

6. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Personally, I think that would just piss them off, and make them more violent. Remember, rape, and child molestation is not an act of sex, but an act of violence. Removing their ability to 'express' their anger, that will only make them more violent.

kill the bastards!

7. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I suggested that once. The problem is that then the peson has no reason *not* to kill the child after molesting them.

If you want to get child molestors out of society you need to stop creating them. End domestic violence.

8. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

What? I have never heard a link between domestic violence, and child molestors. Please provide a link for that.

9. radhak macrumors regular

just an aside to the thread here.
    funny how we (in this forum here) have become so dependent on 'links' to other sources. what if she read it in some book in a library? or maybe heard this in her psychology class ( ;) ). Or maybe its her own personal opinion! :eek:

10. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

You obviously haven't read too many of my posts...glorious rambling opinion...often too long, disorganized and the only link is my tenuous one to sanity :rolleyes:

seriously, I like the ability to further research sources and information that links provide.

11. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Don't know if I can. Amazingly enough not all valid information can be found on the internet!

I know it because a close friend was a social worker who worked with children who were molesters. I commented on the victim/victimizer (a common fallacy) and she said that actually it is being in a household where domestic violence is present is a bigger predictor than having been molested themselves.

I'll look, though.

12. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

http://endabuse.org/programs/display.php3?DocID=77

Children who witness domestic violence are more likely to exhibit behavioral and physical health problems including depression, anxiety, and violence towards peers. 5 They are also more likely to attempt suicide, abuse drugs and alcohol, run away from home, engage in teenage prostitution, and commit sexual assault crimes. 6

This is what I was able to find quickly. You will probably have to go to a Journal in Psychology or Social work to look at the studies done. Most of what I saw only explored the immediate effects of domestic violence on children.