Yet another speakers recommendation thread...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ravenvii, Aug 1, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    This one is unique, I promise ;)

I'm looking for speaker recommendations... I'm absolutely not an audiophile. I don't even listen to music much. I do enjoy the occasional tune, so I do want speakers that are decent in that area.

But what I DO want is the boom-boomy types of speakers that can shake down the house if you choose to crank it up that high. You know, those types that gamers like. I won't spend any more than $120, and rather keep the price under $100. I want a 2.1 set. I like the look of the SoundSticks II, but I think they might be too "fine" for me... not loud enough, and too "audiophile-y" if you know what I mean.

I have a Mac mini, so it has to be able to connect to that - via USB or the headphone jack.

Well, any suggestions based on my criteria?
  2. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm a really big Bose person. Bose Companion 2 Speakers are in your price range. They didn't get outstanding reviews but I do know a few people who have the old MediaMates and they love them.

I have a pair of Boston Acoustics Multimedia speakers and they are really loud, I don't think Boston makes computer speakers anymore though.
  3. cwright macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2004
    There is no contest...
    Buy the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers

I just bought these for myself and I was blown away. I wanted something that compared to the rather expensive 4.1 system I have installed in my car... and these speakers sound just as good for only $135! Yes it's a little over your budget, but you won't regret it. They can get extremely LOUD, and there's also a seperate bass control knob on one of the satellites.

Also, Dell has these speakers for sale too, at $140. If you find some of their famous coupon codes, you could probably knock the price down closer to your budget.