Yet another virgin mary toast spin off

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mcarnes, Nov 26, 2004.

1. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

2. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

That's pretty good, I got a chuckle out of it.

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Oh dear ... now I'll have to weigh the pros / cons versus the Fish Stick Jesus. It doesn't look like the fish stick is on eBay yet, so maybe I'll have enough time to raise money for both!

4. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

The funny reality is some ignorant fundie will buy this, anybody want to bet? :D

5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

This whole thing has only served to cheapen religion. Religion is not about some holy image burned onto a piece of food. It completely disrespects all those who worship jesus and the Christian faith. All this false idol worship is sad. If these people were so devout they would burn it up as a false image of their faith.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is my thought also. Religion is a daily struggle from the evil influences of the World. I read my Bible and pray daily. Also keep in mind what Jesus warned us about many times. That many will come in my name. Just remember that I have warned you, be on guard. It is not an easy task.

7. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

This time, it's not so hard.

8. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Geez, eBay took that poor old ladie's sandwich off ebay because they thought it was a joke, but they're letting this guy keep a 20 dollar bill on? Oh well, stuff like that really does cheapen Christianity. Like those candles with jesus stickers on them, or Mary in a bath tub, or magnetic Jesus fish. Your religion is your business, don't try to brag about it or force it on anyone. They're trying to brainwash you :p

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

10. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

especially for a $20 bill :D

12. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

i think it looks like one of the presidents, maybe while it was wet got folded over? hmmm... still doesnt look like jesus or mary

13. mcarnes thread starter macrumors 68000

mcarnes

It's the standard watermark on all new twenty dollar bills. Just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that (I'm sure you all did). :D

14. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Somehow, I don't think everyone did. :D

15. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Well which is it? Mary or Jesus? You can't have both can you?

16. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'm sorry but I thought the moldy grilled cheese was ridiculous... this is... Andrew Jackson....

17. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Guys, read the auction... the watermark of Jackson as a whole isn't what the guy says looks like the Virgin Mary, it's the area above his left eyebrow. I've messed with the levels and outlined the area in Photoshop so you can see it more easily (took me awhile myself).

You gotta wonder where people get the time to come up with this stuff. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

18. mcarnes thread starter macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I completely missed it (and I started this thread). But seriously, if I look hard enough I can see faces in my ceiling tile and my carpet. Maybe I should put those on ebay...

19. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I hope that everyone realizes that this is simply some well-done parody...No reason to get up-in-arms about a Virgin Mary memorabilia craze terrorizing the nation.

20. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

21. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I was eating chips and thought I could get a Powermac out of this... doesn't it look like jesus and mary at the same time... kinda? :cool:

Edit: Now it's sad, I was having a lot of fun reading the whole thread and ate it... :( ... no PM.

Attached Files:

22. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I can't even tell that it is a person, much less Christ/Mary.

And how the hell can you not be sure whether its Jesus or Mary anyway? You'd think you could tell the two apart. :p

23. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

24. alexbill macrumors newbie

Oh look, I've got some Ebbbay gooodies

Ok I've got a brilliant Idea on how to make $$$ from Ebay:

(A free book from stupid sale mans for dummies)

Ok what you do is get a Virgin Mary statue from LOST you know with the drugs (oooppps that illegal) then sell the statue for $300,000,

Then we will get two long planks, criss-cross em, then we will nail it, put nails where Jesus may have put his hand in the past, then put nails a little down for it to look like Jesus had his feet nailed,
    Then we will sell it for 1 million dollars saying that's the cross Jesus got crucified on.

Then we will buy a cheap brass cup, put fake (the cheapest) jewelry then we will sell it and say that Jesus's blood got put in that same cup your selling, then say it's the Hooolyyy Graaail. Then after you tell them the legend about how the Grail can make you Live Forever! then you could sell it for a Billion Dollars ($1,000,000,000).

Yeah we can do it too, and even better then the Stupid Virgin stupid Toast.

(This is just a Joke, I was kidding. Good joke though :rolleyes: )

25. alexbill macrumors newbie

I need to be saved too. ha what, That stupid Toast is nothing but a Fruad, a Scam, a official Ebay Highway Robbery.

Jesus did say "I came here to Worship God, and your selling stuff like the Den of thieves".

Ha ha ha I guess scamming people is Holy.

Also why can't I buy a Hilary Duff Toast from Ebay so I can make out with her everytime I Eat.