yet more guitar stories

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Aug 31, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i mentioned this in the coca cola thread, but who here has the original fernandes copy of a fender stratocaster with the banned exact copy of fender headstock?

kirk hammett of metallica has one, he calls it the "edna"...this is the most recorded metallica guitar which has been replaced by his signature esp strat

because fernandes had to stop production of their stratocaster and modify it to not look "exactly" like a fender, the fernandes "edna" has become super rare

i have been looking for one for at least ten to fifteen years...the right metallica fan and player will give you thousands for that thing

also the many guitars paul gilbert or billy sheehan signed while on a guitar center/musician's friend promo tour are worth a pretty penny

now that nu-metal is out, there has been a resurgence in 80s metal nostalgia which is now the classic metal, making the 70s metal and ozzy from the late 60s super relics of the past

but these days ozzy is more well known for his daddy role than he ever was as a rock star...and you know what, he ranks as america's second favorite dad next to the beaver's dad from the fifties

ozzy beat out mr. brady from the brady bunch!!!

this is not acting, ozzy obviously loves his wife and kids, but maybe not that aggressive english bull dog he has that dumps on his expensive persian carpet:D

i could watch ozzy every season and it beats the tar out of survivor

2. wilburpan macrumors regular

Re: yet more guitar stories

You probably know this already, but Ibanez was also hit with lawsuits for copying Gibson guitars of various models in the mid-70's. There's another Japanese company called tokai that made Fender and Gibson copies in the 70's-80's. I don't know if they ever got sued for that, but they stopped making them after a while. Currently they started making some really nice Gibson copies again. Their website is http://www2.wbs.ne.jp/~tokai/

Often you can find Ibanez/Fernandes/Tokai "lawsuit" guitars on eBay.

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Re: yet more guitar stories

thanks for the link!

the particular fernandes strat in question became the hottest thing just like jagermeister the alcoholic drink did due to metallica

they have a hold on their fans much like the beatles did in their time

but the beatles, of course, made a larger impact

i am both a beatles and metallica fan and i just about like any type of music;)