Yikes! Not sure how to get Applications back

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nekkid Fish, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Nekkid Fish macrumors member

Jan 12, 2007
    So Cal
    I'm sitting here reading an article on moving from a PC to a MAC, and it says if you miss the 'start' menu on a PC to launch your programs, you can mimic it on the Mac by dragging the Applications folder onto the right side of the dock. (The left side is for apps, the right side is for files and folders). NOT!

I dragged it down to the right of the dock, and there was a 'poof' and it wasn't there. :(

If I open Finder, it is also not on the left side anymore either. :eek:

How do I find out where it went, or how to get it back into the left panel in Finder?

I looked in the trash but it's not there.

Thanks and HUGz! Jules
  2. UserofMacOSX macrumors member

Jan 12, 2007
    Luray, VA
    Edit, sorry about this.

You can probably go under Macintosh HD and get it back.
  3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    It does work...I have my PowerBook set up that way.

It sounds like you tried to drag the Applications icon in the Finder Sidebar to the Dock...that won't work. It just deletes it from the Sidebar. You need to drag the actual folder (ie. navigate to it in Finder) down there. But yes, don't drag it into the Trash...the Dock will make room for on the right side of the divider if you give it a second. (You can also drag it back into your Sidebar to restore the shortcut or go to Finder --> Preferences --> Sidebar and check the box next to Applications.)
  4. Nekkid Fish thread starter macrumors member

Jan 12, 2007
    So Cal
    Oh my gosh Cowboy! Thank you so much! You're the best! :D

Big HUGz! Jules

[It's been a few years since I said that to a cowboy! ;) ]