Yo, Mr. Clinton! You're on in five!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Has anybody else wondered where Bill Clinton has been this last week or two?

Yeah, I understand the guy had major heart surgery. But the reports since then seem to say he's neither weak nor incapacitated.

With that in mind, I can't help wondering why we haven't seen him out stumping for Kerry as much as he's able. Clinton still remains an enormously popular president, and I think that in a race this close, where Kerry needs every little edge he can get, it couldn't hurt to have ol' Bill out there energizing the base and persuading the undecideds to vote Democratic.

Unless Bill's genuinely not able to travel or even give TV interviews, I believe the Democratic party is missing an opportunity here.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

in such matters, i believe it's the campaign that dictates how much an individual, such as mr. clinton, should advocate the candidate.

perhaps (and i'm just speculating here) the kerry campaign is worried that news of clinton stumping would overshadow kerry. much as clinton did when his book came out.

or, who knows? maybe they asked and clinton said no. regardless of what happened behind the scenes, i would hazard a guess that it had been discussed between the parties.

3. toontra macrumors 6502

Could this be explained by the likelyhood of Hillary standing in 2008?

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i just don't see that happening. she's way too divisive. she might enter the primaries, but i have a very hard time imagining her getting the nomination.

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Whoa. I know this topic is old, but I guess it's going to happen. Looks like up until now he's needed lots of recoop time.

Bill to the rescue! :)

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Emails

I've been getting the same email from the guy all week, through the DNC of course. I bet he starts making appearances at exactly the right time.

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Ooh, thanks for reminding me! I got the same e-mail. I guess today only, if I make a donation it's going to be matched by "a special group of Democratic donors."

Hey, I can't donate much, but if someone's willing to double it.... :cool:

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I've donated twice this week, and I'm attending a canvassing session on Saturday morning.

Bill Clinton will be in Philadelphia with John Kerry on Monday. I'd be there, but I'm working.