Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justanfyi

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
I just checked this morning on my order for the case from the Obostore, and it shows as "shipped" already. I agree about the brown with the white iPad, that's why I ordered this color.

They actually seem like a great seller to deal with; there was a mistake on my checkout page through paypal, my shopping cart on their website kept showing up as "empty", forcing me to repeat the process twice. The end result, upon receiving my confirmation email, was that an order had been placed for 3 covers. Yikes! However, I contacted them and they quickly corrected it, no problem at all.[/QUOTE
Amazing how they can ship out a case that finishes production a week later simply amazing. Good thing they don't supply tracking numbers might just tell you something different.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I just checked this morning on my order for the case from the Obostore, and it shows as "shipped" already. I agree about the brown with the white iPad, that's why I ordered this color.

They actually seem like a great seller to deal with; there was a mistake on my checkout page through paypal, my shopping cart on their website kept showing up as "empty", forcing me to repeat the process twice. The end result, upon receiving my confirmation email, was that an order had been placed for 3 covers. Yikes! However, I contacted them and they quickly corrected it, no problem at all.[/QUOTE
Amazing how they can ship out a case that finishes production a week later simply amazing. Good thing they don't supply tracking numbers might just tell you something different.

Argh! I see your point.........guess I'll just have to continue for the mean time with my ipad flopping around in it's too loose old case:):p

webcrush

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2010
So sick of waiting too. I have an iLuv folio but it stinks, picked up a SmartCover at Walmart and stow it in a sleeve I had from my first iPad. Need my Yoobao now :)

bijanm

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
any word on a yoobao "magic" type case for the ipad 2? i had both for my original ipad, and much prefered the magic style to the original with the flap on the back

justanfyi

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
So sick of waiting too. I have an iLuv folio but it stinks, picked up a SmartCover at Walmart and stow it in a sleeve I had from my first iPad. Need my Yoobao now :)

The other concern I would have is the voided warranty since they are not an authorized agent and the cheaper price ending up more since if you do wind up having an issue you would
A.have to send it back to China to replace
B.contact Yoobao to see if they would honor the warranty
C. Pay a tad bit more to purchase from an authorized seller here in the states that could make the replacement for you thus saving you $40+ in shipping if you do have an issue, not to mention a month plus in shipping time
Ill wait for C = peace of mind since I see them listed now for pre sale by US sellers that will have mine in hand next week, not 18 20 business days, I love to support American business anyways

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
The other concern I would have is the voided warranty since they are not an authorized agent and the cheaper price ending up more since if you do wind up having an issue you would
A.have to send it back to China to replace
B.contact Yoobao to see if they would honor the warranty
C. Pay a tad bit more to purchase from an authorized seller here in the states that could make the replacement for you thus saving you $40+ in shipping if you do have an issue, not to mention a month plus in shipping time
Ill wait for C = peace of mind since I see them listed now for pre sale by US sellers that will have mine in hand next week, not 18 20 business days, I love to support American business anyways

I hear you; the main reason I actually ordered from the OboStore was that I thought (silly me) i would receive the case sooner; also, they were the only site that showed the exact case I want. I console myself with the fact that I did the exact same thing last year - ordering the original Yoobao case directly from China, and it really did turn out well, it's lasted incredibly well. I do think the Yoobao product is generally a very high standard, so I am not too concerned with having to return it.

justanfyi

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
any word on a yoobao "magic" type case for the ipad 2? i had both for my original ipad, and much prefered the magic style to the original with the flap on the back

Rumor has it that they will be available late April early may if I understood the lil birdie correctly

justanfyi

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
I hear you; the main reason I actually ordered from the OboStore was that I thought (silly me) i would receive the case sooner; also, they were the only site that showed the exact case I want. I console myself with the fact that I did the exact same thing last year - ordering the original Yoobao case directly from China, and it really did turn out well, it's lasted incredibly well. I do think the Yoobao product is generally a very high standard, so I am not too concerned with having to return it.

Funny how that works, you ordered yours from China and I pre ordered mine from a us seller ill have mine on the 31st and you'll get yours in about 3 weeks. On top of supporting the US economy, Obo dude needs to rearrange his spelling. To Boo lmao

crazypple

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2010
Does any one who got the first yoobao leather case?

Does any one who got the first yoobao leather case?
Share, please?

Treebark

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2010
Funny how that works, you ordered yours from China and I pre ordered mine from a us seller ill have mine on the 31st and you'll get yours in about 3 weeks. On top of supporting the US economy, Obo dude needs to rearrange his spelling. To Boo lmao

Justanfyi, where did you order from? And do even the first ones coming in have the smart magnets that wake and sleep the iPad? Need to get mine ordered. :)

justanfyi

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Justanfyi, where did you order from? And do even the first ones coming in have the smart magnets that wake and sleep the iPad? Need to get mine ordered. :)

I ordered mine from the same guy I always order from and yes they have the sleep wake function I don't think I can put his name on here without the Gods stricking me dead, you can pm me

justanfyi

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Thanks for all the great information. has anyone seen or heard any information with respect to Yoobao coming out with an iPad 2 version of this model:

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Leath...1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1300801207&sr=8-3-fkmr2

These are in design phase now and once again according to the bird that flew past me last night they should be out end of April early may. But if that bird ever flies past me again with an update ill be sure to pass it along. He also said that the red yoobaos are still in production and should be finish early next week so just the black and brown for now.

Karnivore

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
This looks like a perfect substitute for Apple's original case, love the design and form factor.

justanfyi

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
the red yoobao cases will be finish in a couple of days for those that are interested and waiting on mr obo the good news is that mr Obo will have the black and brown in hand on friday and can soon start their 15 to 18 business day journey to the US via China Post. Meanwhile ill have mine on the 30th the not so smart cover will be trashed tired of pulling paper clips of of it lol
Yeah

crazypple

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2010
3 colors?

Yeah, Yoobao always had a problem with brown. Their first brown was more of an orangy brown.

Do they have 3 colors?:eek:
20113232421787170.jpg

brett.davids

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
These are in design phase now and once again according to the bird that flew past me last night they should be out end of April early may. But if that bird ever flies past me again with an update ill be sure to pass it along. He also said that the red yoobaos are still in production and should be finish early next week so just the black and brown for now.

Hi justanfyi, thanks for repeating your answer. I didn't realize I was talking about the same model you had previously described.

May I pm you as well for your contact for the other model?

justanfyi

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Hi justanfyi, thanks for repeating your answer. I didn't realize I was talking about the same model you had previously described.

May I pm you as well for your contact for the other model?

Sure buts its the same seller for all,,,bird just flew past me and said that the red will be in stock Monday or Tues..

BlondeLocks

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
who has a black ipad2 - what color did you order

also can whoever has the US contact pm with that information.

than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.