You Can Only Post Once Every 10 Seconds

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by rickvanr, Nov 7, 2005.

1. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I'm having a weird issue where every once and a while I'll click submit to post my reply to a thread, and it will say "you can only post once every 10 seconds", but I'm only submitting one reply.

Just curious if this is happening to anyone else?

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

it's a safe guard against double posts. Do you notice that the post has already submitted when you get this message?

3. thomasp macrumors 6502a

You're not accidentally/inadvertantly double-clicking the "Submit Reply" button, are you?

4. rickvanr thread starter macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I know that, but is there a problem with the forum. Why am I getting this message when I'm only submitting one reply.

No. Not to my knowledge. I double clicked to check with this post and it did not reproduce the error I am sometimes seeing.

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

When I've seen this (other than when I'm blatantly attempting to spam :p) it's occurred after Safari has pulled one of its "Unable to load..." messages. In the Address bar it shows that it tried to get to the post, but in the window it shows my reply. If I click "Submit Reply" again I get the message, but if I hit Refresh I get my post.

I've never seen it in normal use, by simply clicking once.

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i just ignore the message and go back the thread cause its already posted....