You can't even give them away

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

well, actually you can

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/nintendo-sending-out-free-wii-dev-kits-190706.php

2 ways you can go with this. Nintendo, with their vast business knowledge of making money, are making enough from bigger studios buying Dev kits that they can go forth and distribute kits to smaller studios to get some more damn games out.
    The other side being nobody is buying them. But from the huge 3rd party developer support I suspect this not be the case.

Weren't Epic offered a free dev kit too?

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Sounds like great news if it is true. The thing I like most about the 360 is the Xbox live arcade games, I'd love to see some real independent stuff on at least 1 console. As soon as I heard the Wii was going to have PC Engine games available for download it made its way back on to my I might just have to buy you list. Independent games will push it closer to my I better pre-order you list.

3. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

same here if some 3rd parties can get Wii games that integrate their controller, then, more power to em

4. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Retro was an indie company before Nintendo took them under their wing. I'm really looking forward to what some of the smaller, undiscovered companies can come up with..