"You don’t support Democrats. Why should your ketchup?"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by sorryiwasdreami, Sep 1, 2004.

1. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I just found this ridiculous site.

w ketchup

It's ridiculous because the site and business are real.

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Something to put on your Freedom Fries, I presume.

These people are insane, and they'll probably make a bunch of money.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

They've gotta be effin' kidding.

Aside from being a spectacularly childish idea, there are already plenty of other ketchup brands for people who are narrow-minded enough to punish the Heinz company because Teresa is a family member. Anybody ever hear of Hunt's, for one?

Okay...let's take this to its logical conclusion:

[​IMG]

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And shameless. Why is there a picture of Reagan along with a small, trite tribute paragraph? Did Reagan support W ketchup? Or are they just exploiting his memory to sell their sauce?

Who would actually be dumb enough to buy this? Who would be dumb enough to beleive that buying a bottle of Heinz will really further a Democratic candidate who happens to be married to a woman who used to be married to someone (a Republican, no less) who owned a small percentage of shares in the company?

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Hey, they've got an endorsement from William F. Buckley and nobody ever accused him of being stupid.

6. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Hello ketchup money!

Anything to make a buck right??? Heinz ketchup (or catsup, if you prefer) is AWESOME!!! Second best condiment behind ranch dressing. I saw a thing on CNN where some guy did a blind taste test. He said the W stuff tasted too sweet.

This is like my hippy friends that won't drink Coors beer. I support W the guy, but to boycott a great American product over politics is dumb. Rock on Heinz.

Even though Kerry has ties to Heinz and sees some of the dividends, who cares? It's really good! Those kind of "right wingers" need to get a life.

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

What's particularly funny is that Heinz supports GOP PACs, not Demo ones.

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

While W Ketchup supports Daniel Oliver, Jr. and Ollie North.

9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

This is basically the same concept as political T-shirts, bumper stickers, bobbleheads, action figures, etc. only extended to Ketchup.

No one complains much about all those ridiculous vulgar t-shirts insulting Bush or the Democrats so why has Ketchup touched a nerve?