You Guys Are Going to LOVE This.

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by RUNCIBLE 2.0, Jul 26, 2002.

1. RUNCIBLE 2.0 macrumors newbie

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you're going to create a globe shaped Apple, you might as well shape it and make it resemble a McIntosh apple complete with bite and painted in the old rainbow hue.

3. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

It looks like a big white spider. Or a really garish an tacky globe. I love the SuperDrives' resemblance to a toaster, though.

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

if you didn't see this "g5 sphere" already then youmust have been in a closet for the last year or so (i believe that's when it first appeared). sorry, but could someone at least make a little effort for NEW concepts?

5. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Seen this a million times before, but just realized that this guy has some incrdible ideas. I would love a "remote" svga jack for my monitor. That would be cool, but how many times do you need your monitor away frm your cd drives?

-pete

one for 500!!!

6. LordRPI macrumors newbie

"In fact, at speeds of 10.4 gigaflops, the new 1.5GHz PowerPC G5 processor with Velocity Engine is up to 83% faster than a 1.5 GHz Pentium 4. (1)"

lol, P4's are hitting 3 GHz by Xmas

7. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

"In fact, at speeds of 10.4 gigaflops"

Hehe,the-current-G4s-beat-that

(p.s.-my-space-bar-doesn't-work)

8. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

at the rate apples going, it will take apple at least two more years to get to 3 ghz so either way i see it as a hopeless cause, at the moment. Apple should get texas instruments to build its processor chips.Texas instruments allready has risc processors with ddr ram, but at very slow speeds, but im shure they could be faster. I think they allready use rapidIO on the processors. I got this idea from a buisness week magazine article that says that texas instruments semiconductor division has turned a new page, and that there r&d department rivals thr r&d of intel, so i am shure they could come out with fast chips ten times faster that the "granny speed" of motorolla.
    Also is you have seen the newest austin powers movie check out the last line in my signature! lol.

GaBe-

9. bunton macrumors member

poo

that is amazing i will enjoy tricking all my little pc freinds with that one they thin kthe apple stuff isd so cool but have **** to use

10. Gatorman macrumors regular

Yeah, I've seen that one before. Though you have to admit, that's quite an imaginative design, a little ingenious, too. Neat to look at though.

11. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

old stuff... why the hell would apple make this it screws over the whole PowerMac thing cause powermacs are ment to have expansion, duh lol sorry heh but yeah old news...

12. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

old stuff... why the hell would apple make this it screws over the whole PowerMac thing cause powermacs are ment to have expansion, duh lol sorry heh but yeah old news...

13. Pin-Fisher macrumors member

Probably saooner then that...

Attached Files:

14. Liamcow macrumors member

i think the legs should be replaceable w/ little pegs or something for people who use desks with CPU compartments like me, good job though

seen it before ;)

15. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

Does this thing run off of Pixe Dust??? or is there a hevins forbid CABLE for power

16. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Heh... they could call it Apple π!

Get it? As in circle-sphere-pi type of relationship... ha!

Well I thought it was funny ;)