You guys have me scared

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mac3687, Nov 25, 2006.

1. mac3687 macrumors member

Okay, so maybe I am a little bit anal retentive, but you guys have me really scared. I've got my first ever Mac on the way (a black MB C2D) and from what it seems, nobody ever gets their product right the first time. It seems like something doesn't work or is wrong from day one, and it must be sent back for repair/replacement. Should I expect this?

2. nitynate macrumors 6502a

No.
    These forums are full of whiners.

You wont notice any problems.

3. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

Don't worry. It's just that more people tend to only say anything when something is 'wrong' with their computer over those that are perfectly happy with what they got.

EDIT: Haha, nitynate. That's absolutely true.

4. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

As other posters hinted, people will usually post when something wrong goes with their Mac which is not the norm. Enjoy your new Macbook and don't forget to post some pics in the Gallery :D.

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I do not know of anyone who has had an issue with their Mac. I have to come here to learn about it. Many times the poster is just lying. They make these posts to discourage, or even scare potential Apple customers. Others have legitimate issues, but a great number of these are because they do not know how to operate a computer, or expect the Mac to be just like their PC. Finally, there are infrequent issues. I think Apple will deal with these quickly and fairly.

6. MSM Hobbes macrumors 6502

Don't be scared.
    Read the posts and threads, and learn.
    Take the knowledge you gather, be vigilent & aware.
    Expand your ability to handle potential issues, be faster then to correct problems, learn new tricks, etc.
    Enjoy. ;)

7. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Nope.. Ive recieved about 4 Apple Computers 2 used 2 new and None have had any real problems when they are shipped to me.

8. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

check out consumer reports sometime. apple is always at the top of customer satisfaction and fewest technical problems.

9. surfer99 macrumors 6502

I just switched recently and I couldnt be happier. Everything came just like I was expecting and when I was expecting. I have had some very small (more annoying) issues that just deal with not knowing the mac system yet and all I do is come to the forum and post the question and people will always answer it very quickly. Its great!

10. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I had a loose key pop of my black MacBook within the first couple of weeks.

I took it to the Apple Store and they popped a new one in and it has been fine ever since.

The vast majority of people are perfectly satisfied, although it is always worth remembering that computers are vastly complex machines, so it is not possible to mass produced them and make each one perfect 100% of the time.

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Good point quietmind, there may be the occasional problem with an Apple product, but overall, Macs tend to be one of the most reliable computers out there. :)

Enjoy your new C2D MacBook mac3687! :)

12. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

I've had 3 apple computers and a couple of ipods and never had a problem with any of them that I didn't cause (dropped my ibook and broke the logic board but apple replaced it free)

in fact one of the reasons I continue to buy apple is because I have had so few problems as compared to my pc days and when I do have a problem apple fixes it typically for free

13. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

You're more apt to hear about problems on a Mac board because people come here looking for help. I have a G4 iBook and a G4 Powerbook and they are both incredible machines!