You have to love Apple product support

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mcrain, Dec 27, 2002.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

Feb 8, 2002
    I have a brand new 20 gig iPod. At the top, there is a place where you insert the earbuds. The whole has a small plastic ring in it. The wired remote has a plug that goes in the center hole, and a circular part that fits around the plastic ring. Anyway, the plastic ring on mine was very tight, and actually cracked a little. The little crack made it so that the remote wouldn't work.

I sent it to apple figuring they'd crack it open and replace the little plastic ring or maybe even the entire earbud plug.

Due to a mixup at Apple, I couldn't get information on the status of the repair, so I called. Apparently, they didn't fix the earbud thing, they're just sending me a brand new iPod.

Amazing. They are an amazing company.
  2. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    Re: You have to love Apple product support

yeah, thats what they did with me. i actually put my ipod in my backpack and cracked the screen. So basically it was broken. Since my parents own an apple store i just went into the back and grabbed another ipod assuming that my ipod warranty isnt covered. my mom decided to send it back to apple to see what they would say about it. apple sent me a brand new ipod. Now I have two ipods. Im still trying to sell it. maybe someone will be interested. its a five gig and has never been touched, never been taken out of the plastic cling. since the warranty has been going on for about a month i am willing to sell it pretty cheap. maybe 250 or less. if anybody is interested let me know and ill set up a sale.