You know what bugs me about my MBP..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Moshiiii, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

IMG_0628.jpg

The sides on the top are warped up. When its closed theres a decent space between the top and the bottom. Anyone else have this problem? Are the new models with magnets preventing this?

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

There have been a number of threads about this and it seems to be a problem with every MBP, and PB for that matter.

Its just a cosmetic design flaw though, I know I still want one. :D

3. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

There are not any new aluminum Macs with magnetic closure.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Its a problem to some degree with every notebook I have seen. Some designs just make it less noticeable.

5. worriedmac macrumors regular

worriedmac

This really annoys me too. I love having such a thin machine but on one side its raised and eighth of an inch. its shoddy work really and I'm probably going to end breaking my powerbook trying to coax it into laying flat.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't look at your clothes too closely or you might find a thread out of place, and seeing you run around nude would be a distraction -- because we'd be pointing out flaws on your body.

7. worriedmac macrumors regular

worriedmac

8. generik macrumors 601

generik

Lol, instead of that I'd just see to Moshii: "DUDE! YOU BOUGHT A DELL!"

Enough said.

9. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

Thats nothing. I got a brand new Dell laptop from work about a year ago. The cheap plastic latch never, ever, EVER stays closed. That thing makes my MBP seem like a Stradivarius. :cool:

10. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

My friends new MBP seems to "SNAP" into place when he closes it, the sides are held flush.

11. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

You want to talk about shoddy built notebooks...try the Dell Inspiron 600m, the monitor is so weak if I pushed I'd break the plastic. I could bend the frakking screen for gosh sakes. :mad:

12. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

Looks better than the G4 Al book warps. Looks like they have updated the stampings. I'll grap a snap of my mr. warpy tomorrow when my camera is back.

13. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

leme see that pic

14. sonictruth macrumors member

I've got an almost 3-yr old 17-in PowerBook, and the top, when closed, is floating about 1/16-in above the base of the laptop. Every PB I've seen since then is like this; I don't believe they close tightly and flush against the base. It has seemed awkward to me since day 1, but that's the way it is. I would also bet that that's why sleeves exist for Apple laptops...

15. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

What about the Sony VAIO TX Series? The screens on them are so thin and flimsy I could literally twist them. Sure, it's small and light, but I feel like if I drop one it will just shatter like glass.

16. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

17. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Mine has something similar and that doesn't bother me so much (although I suppose it should - even one of my two year old VAIOs is ruler-straight), but also the bottom case is warped downwards on the right hand side. It won't sit flat on a flat surface.

18. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I have the exact same problem. It doesn't bug me too much. After having a PowerBook with a caved-in slot-loading drive, this seems almost invisible to me.

19. n8236 macrumors 65816

Ya, i wouldn't really worry about it. When I first found out that mine didn't close completely, I was angry and disappointed w/ it for about a week and since i've gotten over it. If you go to the Apple Store and check out their display machines, they have it too. Most do.

I'm sure you can call AppleCare and have that taken care of, but most people find it to be a hassle to be w/o their machines for a week, so they just deal w/ it. I did :D

20. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Mine has the same problem....I just ignore it and carry it with my hand around the release latch so I don't notice it :)

But I assume that Apple finally took notice about the problems with the keys hitting the screen in the iBooks and Pizmos- after a while you could see marks in the screen where the edges of the keys were hitting every time you closed the thing.

21. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

My MacBook is completely straight:D

I really hope the MBP screens aren't too wobly to have a magnetic latch. It's a very cool and time saving feature. Also makes the MacBook look a lot better.