You know what I just realized

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jnj967, Apr 16, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 16, 2011
    So Ive debated for weeks (everyday on these forums, etc), gone back and forth asking myself "Should I get the 11 or 13"?, "Should I get more RAM?", "Should I get the 128gb if i get the 11?" What amount of extra money is worth extra RAM or HD space. After countless hours of searching websites, ebay, craigslist for the best deal, I just bit the bullet and bought a new base 11 inch from Amazon (I used amex reward points) for $929.

Ive had it for a week now and its awesome. I realized that all I do is surf the internet, use Thunderbird for work email and Office every once and a while. Its faster then any other Macbook Ive even own (even with better processors). At the end of the day I realized that this wasnt worth "future proofing" for $300-400 more dollars. Ive got an external USB for photos and music. And you know what? Ill probably end up selling this on Ebay in the next year and a half and then buy the newest Macbook rage for a couple hundred bucks after I sell the air.

I know some people really need the extra SSD or RAM, but the dang base model does a hell of a lot for a much more reasonable price tag