You know what I really wanted today?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Peyton, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

At $100 leather case for a $69 ipod shuffle! Those would sell slightly better than the $150 ipod nano cases.

In all seriousness, Apple should have had a super graphics card in their mini, and forget this price hike. And where is DVR? weird.

2. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I gotta agree with this. I was hoping to see a mini with DVR capabilities. Not that I can justify buying another computer, but that would be just the edge I need to convert my roommate. Close enough ;)

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

but a DVR Mac Mini with a iMac like intel graphics card would make a Mac Mini the price of an iMac, however the iMac has Screen, KeyBoard, and Mouse

4. arcobb macrumors regular

Viiv

I would have liked to hear Jobs say Viiv... even it he pronounced it wrong! Those Mini's would be selling like hot cakes even if they put in a popsicle for a graphics card. :rolleyes:

5. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Not quite, I don't think this would add up to the cost of the cheapest iMac. We aren't talking cutting edge technology here. It's highly possible. I just think (hope) that Apple is taking it's time and perfecting it. Plus, what if you already have a bigger monitor at home? One bigger than you could get with an iMac, perhaps. You see, not everyone is looking for the same system. What would work for you, or what would be your preferance wouldn't exactly work for the next guy.

6. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

They need a Mac Mini Multimedia - a headless iMac (20" BTO options) that lies down with the camera, ir reader and slot facing out. Add another inch to height and shrink the footprint a bit, and sell it for 10-20% less than the screen models...

Preferably add HDMI as well or twin DVIs...