You Know What I've Been Drinkin A Lot of Lately?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Apr 27, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    Fruit Smoothies. It's the only way I really get fruits in my diet. Besides the occasional banana, I don't really bother with fruit cause it takes time to peel, and sometimes it doesn't taste that good, cause it's not quite ripe or whatever.

I usually take some frozen strawberries, rasberries, OJ, half a yogurt (peach is my fav), and whatever else fruit i can find, and throw it in there. My dad brought home mangos last week. I used them up. But mangos alone are the best anyways. I also add a little bit of honey.

I got that magic bullet thing, and it works pretty well. You don't have an extra thing to clean, like with a blender.

Anyone got some suggestion I could add to my drinks?

One time made something with chocolate soy milk, and strawberries, but it didn't taste that good. I thought strawberries, and chocolate was goin to be a good combo.
  2. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Heh, I have one of those magic bullet things too. They're awesome!

And try bananas with that chocolate soy milk (silk, is it? Delicious stuff). I that combo personally.
  3. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Fruit Smoothies....Y-U-M! :D

No suggestions on what to try mixing together, although, I could go for a banana strawberry smoothie right now. :)
  4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    First I love the bullet! Sorry but I do. I use it 3x + a day and about 5x + on the weekends. I drink a lot of shakes...hard to explain but I do.

Anyway, fruit smoothies are a wonderful way to get your fruits in. Oddly, there are some veggies you can add that will have the benefit of a veggie, but not the taste--like a V8 twist-there are veggies in there with the fruit.

If you want to stick to fruit, you could always have a nice mix of both tropical and northern fruit. Tropical fruit is very high in sugar so you have to be careful. I don't know what your weight is, but smoothies are also a great way to gain weight.

Finally I would look at something like GNC and get some protein powder. If you lack fruit you probably lack other things too.
    Long live the bullet!
  5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    haha i really want a bullet to make drinks.
    You should see if their a is jamba juice near you... they make awesome smoothies/juices...
  6. Peyton macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2006
    I love strawberry smooties.... could live off of them, dmw, just wanted to point out you have no pictures in the directory, kinda hard to picture you as any one other than 007 right now ;) :eek:
  7. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    Hmm I think I made it with banana and strawberries. I didn't like it. I think I added too much bananas cause it was really thick. We get "Continental 8" or sumthin' like that. I think it tastes better than Silk. We get it from BJ's. It has a more chocolately taste to it. Chocolate soy milk is delicious stuff.
  8. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    I love smoothies of all kinds as well. My favourite is blueberries, ice and milk all blended up! I wish blueberries were less seasonal. :(

Another I like is banana, ice, milk, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. YUM! I want one now...
  9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    You could try adding a little ice to the mixture (crushed for easier blending). I like the texture it gives the smoothie/shake.

Just experiment with different things, you can't make a bad smoothie. :)
  10. jaysmith macrumors regular

Aug 13, 2005

i doscovered smoothies last summer, before my first year of college. i swear, i would have been in bad shape without them. uber-cheap, easy, healthy, filling, and they give me tonnes of energy. i always do a banana, handful of strawberries/peach/grapes/mango, 1/2 cup of yogourt, milk and juice. i got this hand blender awhile ago and its perfect. what other non-alcoholic drink coujld deserve its own thread, and make me bother to post about?
  11. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    I used to make these all the time when I had a smoothie machine (basically a blender with a spout) but I've since lost it. :(

I had a milkshake machine around the same time but I lost it too. I guess I'll have to settle for restauraunt ones now...
  12. Leraste macrumors regular

Jan 24, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I can't imagine life without Jamba Juice... :eek:
  13. Peyton macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2006
    I know, $7 drinks, where I would I be without it!?

I actually like jamba, but if you get anything over a medium (and even some mediums) you will feel sick to your stomach drinking 126 oz of it. or even over 20 :eek:
  14. Leraste macrumors regular

Jan 24, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Ya, usually after I drink the power one (large) I'm ready to tip over. There's like 800+ calories in a large one too. Hot Damn! :eek:
  15. comictimes macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Berkeley, California
    oh god I LOVE smoothies... in fact, I think I'll make one as soon as I finish this post. I've found that banannas, frozen strawberries, and orange juice are the key. Other than that, you can add any frozen fruit you like to it. The banannas make it cramy, so yogurt isn't really necessary, and it's SO good. Honestly impossible to screw up. My only problem is that they come out too large, so I end up with enough for 2-3 glasses of smoothie.... but I don't complain :p :D

Also adding margherita mix is quite yummy... gives it some tang and sweetness, and the mix alone is non-alcoholic, so it's all good for us minors.
  16. iMetroid macrumors member

Apr 25, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    It's 1:55 AM as I type this. STOP GIVING ME URGES!

I love smoothies. Yogert's good too. I need to eat more of that stuff. I work in the basement of an office building doing nothing but... sitting. There's a deli across the street. They have THE BEST cheese burger subs. For $3.50, you can get one. They let you put whatever you want on it! It's heaven. Problem is - I'm naturally at risk of getting fat (weighed 212 at age 12, lost 85 pounds on Atkens diet). So far, I've heard Chocolate soy milk and bananas. Any other suggestions?
  17. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I love smoothies as well. I've found that bannanas are the key to a good smoothie. I put two bananas in every smoothie I make and then whatever's available, and rice milk.

When I want to mix things up I like to put in peanut butter, cinnamon, or sugar (or all 3 :)).

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    At a lot of smoothie places, they have a smoothie made from bananas and muesli cereal. I loooooove the texture that the muesli gives the smoothie.....mmmmm. :)
  19. dcv macrumors G3

May 24, 2005
    The ONLY good thing about me working back at the office (I was at home for most of the last year) is that we have a coffee and smoothie bar on our floor... my favourite combination at the moment is mango, raspberry, blueberry & banana, with just a tiny bit of apple juice. Mmmmm :)

BTW what is a "magic bullet"? (too lazy to google it :p)
  20. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
  21. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Sep 4, 2005
    I love smoothies!

In the UK we bought a stainless steel Kenwood smoothie maker.. :p :rolleyes: :) :D

In summer, its awesome!

I wanna live in the US though, they seem to have lots of little smoothie bars there, we don't have any :(
  22. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    Mango, kiwi, banana, orange juice, & ice.

Goes down a dream, and sugary enough to give you a real energy kick about 20 minutes later :)

Also like the Innocent cococut one if I'm out and about.

BTW, Josh. They have smoothie bars in Spain. My favourite is Disfruita! (a play on the Spanish for "Enjoy!")
  23. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    There ya go.

Bananas seem popular and I'm not that surprised, they're one of the most sugar-packed fruits out there. :p

Attached Files:

24. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

Feb 7, 2002
    hmmm... those magic bullet things aren't cheap!

similar to the smoothie places... if they weren't 7+ bones a pop, i'd get them more often/ever.
  25. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2005
    The poor section of Connecticut
    My kick lately has been Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness. It's loaded with veggies and fruits and some weird algae stuff, but the stuff tastes good. It really gives me a boost in the morning.