You know what would be sweet ...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by cello in BC, Sep 23, 2005.

1. cello in BC macrumors newbie

if the columns for Genre, Artists and Album in iTunes were a little more dynamic to your collection.

I mean ... a genre name will always be shorter than almost any given album title. So why keep them all the same size?

And if it's a "keep it simple" thing, then Apple should at least make Genre the thinnest, Artist in the middle and Album the largest.

Is there a way to 'unlock' those guys that I don't know about?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I'm not really sure what you are talking about...
    In iTunes, the columns are customizable, where it says the category names (ie: 'album') just click and drag the separator to however big or small you want it.

3. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

I think he means why doesn’t it auto update on its own rather then left clicking on a bar and auto size columns or dragging a column.

4. cello in BC thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant the top three "Browse" columns. Genre -> Artist -> Album. I would like those to be adjustable. It just weird having the Genre one be as wide as the Album one. Even if they aren't adjustable I'd would enjoy them being thin(Genre) then larger and largest(Album). Wouldn't that make logical sense?

But the idea of the bottom "library" columns auto-refreshing their width depending on the visible content would be very cool.

5. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

You can adjust the width of the (artist > album > genre) columns or any other colums manually to your logical sense :D

6. cello in BC thread starter macrumors newbie

In the _library_ you can, that's true. You're totally right. But I'm talking about the "Browse" columns that are along the top. There are three evenly spaced columns above the library; you may have to the click on the Eye icon to bring them up.

It's those colomns that I use to browse my music with mostly. I like "descensing" through the levels of Genre -> Artist -> Album. I thought that was the flow that Apple was going for with iTunes and iPod. So why not make the "Browse" columns reflect that? Having all three of them even like that has no "flow" .... for me anyway.