You Know You Might Be a Mac User If

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacBytes, Dec 9, 2004.

1. MacBytes macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. adamfilip macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2003
    burlington, Ontario canada
    Well being a Die Hard Mac guy I think the last thing i would want is a bush-cheney sticker on my car

especailly considering im canadian..
  3. brap macrumors 68000

May 10, 2004
    I nearly spat my coffee out reading that. What a gem!
  4. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    It might be fun to add some of our own:

You might be a Mac user when:

--The only stickies on your monitor are in

--Upgrading your computer involves buying new office furniture to match

--You check before checking on the weather each morning
  5. nagromme macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    If Macs are traditionally for the wealthy, then Bush/Cheney makes sense. But that's a little dated these days. What about not blindly following what you perceive to be popular? What about considering things on their own merits instead of taking the easy route of just taking what you're told and accepting it as truth? What about looking at the big picture and not focussing on a few simplistic points? By those measures, Mac users would have Kerry/Edwards stickers.

(Sorry... I figure the flames were coming up over the ridge anyway!)
  6. nubero macrumors regular

Mar 25, 2003
    Hehe, me too

--- --- --- --- ---
    Free Desktop Pictures!
    New Photos & Videos!
  7. jbembe macrumors 6502a

Jun 2, 2003
    Baltimore, MD

That's really good! :D

Well, if you want to get the job done, and not get caught up arguing with yourself over useless details of the OS, like Mac users do, then you'll probably go with the Bush/Cheney sticker. :eek:
  8. sworthy macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2002
    I've always thought that apple users are more liberal than most... come on, think different?
  9. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2003
    CD: TX-14
    Stickers on my car a month ago: Apple, Jurassic Park logo, Trowa Barton from Gundam Wing, Dave Matthews Band, and Kerry/Edwards. I'm yet to see a Mac sticker and a W '04 sticker on the same car. AND I'M IN TEXAS!!! :eek:

(p.s. please help me escape to your country ;) , shoulda take the opportunity I had when I was in Montana six months ago and 20 miles from the border)
  10. kainjow Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
    Yea all those Kerry stickers on peoples' cars really helped... :p
  11. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

Aug 21, 2004
    Perth, WA, Australia
    nice... made me smile, and on a friday that is a feat. :eek:
  12. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2004
    Secret Moon base
    Haha, he doesn't know how to think. He is just making up something that sounds good, not discovering a real pattern.
  13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    well, if you really feel that way, ask the same question sometime to random people you meet. I think I might try it and see if it is a pattern.

"So tell me about your computer......."

D :D
  14. TomSmithMacEd macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2003
    Fargo, ND
    On my car I have two Apple stickers, two stickers of my high school's logo, a Fargo SOuth high, Kucinich 04', Nader/Laduke 2000, and some facts about school shootings.
  15. starcrossed macrumors regular

May 3, 2003
    San Antonio,TX
    Would Steve Jobs have a Bush/Cheney sticker on his volvo...I think not!

You might be a Mac User...if everyone time you work on a computer, even a PC, you either move your mouse to a corner, press a hotkey, or click a mouse button, in order to see all your open windows. I always ending up doing this on the PCs at work and school, because I'm so used to Exposé. :eek:
  16. dsharits macrumors 68000

Jun 19, 2004
    The People's Republic of America
    I am a die-hard Mac user and a Bush supporter. :cool:
    I would think that the people that can't decide between PC's anc Mac would be Kerry supporters. :D

"I actually switched to the better Mac OS from a PC, before I switched to the betterer Windows OS from Mac. Now I use an Apple PC with a 2 GHz PowerPC Celeron processor running Mac OS XP." :p

17. StarmanDeluxe macrumors member

Feb 20, 2003
    San Diego
    You can find both on mine and I'm in California =P
  18. wowoah macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Naw, Bush supporters are way more likely to be PC users, seeing as they like to stick to their convictions despite what all the evidence shows.

"Yes, the PC is going very well! No there aren't any viruses or spyware, those are just violent, freedom-hating factions of my computer that are trying to disrupt my user experience, and once I get my credit card company to extend my limit again, I'm gonna buy me some Norton and blow those bastards across all those Internets. Getting that PC was most definitely the right decision. After all, Poland uses PCs!"

Sorry all my fellow liberals, Thursday nights are not my witty nights, but I tried :p
  19. sonorsven macrumors newbie

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, I'm a Mac user, who drives a Volvo, and had a Kerry/Edwards sticker on my Volvo.

If you look at people who typically use Macs, they are eccentric film, music, art, people who typically are more liberal than conservative. OK, I know that is huge stereotype, but that's at least the type of people I would consider likely to use a Mac over Windows. I think it would be an interesting study to see if there is, indeed, a positive correlation between political ideology and computer choice.

Al Gore is on Apple's Board of Directors.
  20. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    Cape Breton Island
    When the G4 iMac came out, they mentioned in the pamphlet the put out in magazines that the last two presidents were Mac users, so that's Clinton, and Bush senior? So what do we think? Is dubya using a Mac too?
  21. TheWereSloth macrumors newbie

Jan 24, 2004
    stupid bumperstickers

Can't we all just get along? :D By the way, the election is over.

I am a Mac convert of six years and a member of the Constitution party. My reason for both is this: to choose the lesser of evils (no matter how popular) is still choosing evil ;)
  22. angelneo macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2004
    This is quite true. Now that I think of it. As a user of both PC and Mac, I constantly obsessed about keeping my PC system clean, get a kick out of re-installing a fresh windows so on. But on my Mac, there's nothing of these type for me to do except to do actual work!
  23. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2003
    A Higher Level
    He probably dont know how to use a computer, PC or Mac. :)
  24. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Yes, I feel like a minority in the "Think Different" crowd. A proud conservative among other Mac users. Thankfully I feel comfortable here. I think that Mac people are accepting of all its members.
  25. macnulty macrumors 6502

May 18, 2003
    Rehoboth Beach, De
    Here's a shocker, more wealthy democrats then republicans, more middle class republicans then democrats, more republicans in congress then democrats. Basic math.