Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4TheWin

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
A ditch somewhere
...when you put it on eBay, but the only person to bid on it is a collector.

...when Mozilla's attitude towards it is, "Upgrade your computer". Thank god for TenFourFox!

...when even MacRumors isn't optimized for its display (I thought all websites were supposed to be optimized for 1024x768!)

...when the WiFi craps out every 15 minutes and has to be restarted (Can someone help me with that? I don't have the model with the Airport issues or anything, so it may be our WiFi, as the network security has just been changed to allow a wireless bridge to be installed for XBMC on my original xbox)

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
When a friend's younger sibling says, "Whoa, isn't that thing like 30 years old??!"

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
When your "Mac" has Steve Woz Wozniak's signature on the case. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Apple_IIGS_Woz.png

or the old mac you bought a few years back for $10 is correct model (right serial #) with Mr Jobs signature on inside back panel and you see them going for $3000+ on ebay :)

picture.php

Falstaff

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
Arizona
or the old mac you bought a few years back for $10 is correct model (right serial #) with Mr Jobs signature on inside back panel and you see them going for $3000+ on ebay :)

picture.php

That always makes me laugh, when I see that. I mean, every Mac they produced of that model has those sigs....thousands of them. But they're "Super Rare"! LOL.:rolleyes:

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
That always makes me laugh, when I see that. I mean, every Mac they produced of that model has those sigs....thousands of them. But they're "Super Rare"! LOL.:rolleyes:

Yup - EVERY compact Mac up until the SE/30 had signatures on the inside guaranteed. From the SE/30 onward, the signatures may or may not be in any given system, since at that point Apple started using new tooling at new manufacturers. But I have seen a Classic II (the last of the original-style compact Macs) with signatures on the inside, so they did last until the end, if you got the right manufacturer of back-case.

Many other Apple products have signatures of their design teams molded in, it's just the compact Macs that have the longest legacy of the same basic set of signatures.

chuckiehina

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2007
When you have to worry about exposing the case to the sun because it will cause the case to turn yellow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.