Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
you are installing windows service packs on someone else's compuer and you see the message "Performing Cleanup" and you keep expecting windows to delete itself. :D

OK...so maybe this is only funny because it is 4:30 in the morning and I have been working on this computer for 6 hours.

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
So I finally got it updated, installed all the utilities to make it liveable to work on. Then I logged off and it rebooted itself. Good thing I live 4 floors up, maybe I'll just accidentally bump it out of my window.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Thanks for the chuckle paleck. :D

And feel free to "accidentally" knock your PeeCee out the window (just make sure no one is below you). ;) :)

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
you know when you're a bone fide fanatic when...

... someone releases a really nice product and you think, hmm, I'll wait til apple make one (cos it'll scratch lots and cost more).

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
dmw007 said:
Thanks for the chuckle paleck. :D

And feel free to "accidentally" knock your PeeCee out the window (just make sure no one is below you). ;) :)

Sadly I don't think my boss would take to kindly to me bringing back this computer in multiple dented pieces....But it's the thought that counts.

UPDATE: Me thinks it is time to run memtest...since I can't find any reason that it should have rebooted itself.

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
paleck said:
UPDATE: Me thinks it is time to run memtest...since I can't find any reason that it should have rebooted itself.
I have an idea - Windows XP is set to reboot when a fatal error occurs, instead of showing the BSOD. Does this sound remotely possible;)?

And, back on topic - you know you are a true switcher when you can actually justify that PowerMac G5 Quad with dual 30" ACD's - for surfing the Net with Safari.

DrStrangelove

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2006
...after purchasing your Mac you move your PC to another room and set it up because you think, "There will still be stuff I'll end up doing on it." Then you find it sits there useless as a museum piece and not a functional computer.

ahunter3

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2003
Naaah, you really and truly know you've gone past the point of no return when you sit down at a dusty G3/233 instead of a Windows P4 3.2 when those are the only choices available to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.