You need to restart your computer

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by efet, Oct 13, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I own a new 13" Macbook Air, I purchased it back in August.
    Since yesterday, “You need to restart your computer” message appears everytime I try to use my mba.
    When I click on cancel, within a few seconds same message appears again. If I dont click restart, my computer restarts itself after a little.
    I could not even shut it down unless I put the screen down as it turns on itself.

I barely used it and I didnt move it around much...

2. macrumors G4

It's experiencing a kernel panic. Often that's a sign of a bad logic board. I'd schedule an appointment with the Genius Bar and have them look at it.

3. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Looks like a faulty logic board. Definitely take it in and get a replacement.

4. macrumors 6502

It doesn't sound like a kernel panic to me, it wouldn't have a cancel button for a start!
    Sounds like a dodgy power button, maybe something is lodged underneath it. Try blowing really hard under the button or with a can of compressed air, if that doesn't work try giving it a slight whack with your finger, nothing too hard, think sticky typewriter key :)

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I am screwed;
    I study in Paris now and I will be here for another year.
    I dont speak French, I now need to find an Apple store here with a genius bar and I am not even sure they accept its guarantee in France.

6. macrumors 6502a

AppleCare is accepted worldwide. Since you are still covered, Apple France should service this.

----------

Apple Stores in Paris (there may be more). Just book a Genius Bar appointment like you would anywhere else. And they speak good English in Paris. I always make an effort and speak some French, but they've always been willing to help me in English (especially in stores)

http://www.apple.com/fr/retail/carrouseldulouvre/

http://www.apple.com/fr/retail/opera/

7. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yes, in places like Paris where there are lots of tourists they'd speak a lot of english.