You realize what Bush is doing... right?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zwhaler, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

In his speach tonight he said he will send more troops over to Iraq. Yay. Now we can win that war on terror right? Wrong. Bush (or whoever thought out this plan... most likely not Bush himself) is quite smart. What sending more troops to Iraq ensures is that by the time Bush leaves office, the US troops will still be in Iraq fighting the war. With that many more soldiers in Iraq, it will be nearly impossible to get them out before Bush leaves office. Notice how he doesn't know when he's gonna bring em' home?

After he leaves office, a new president will come in. If the new president is a republican, he will most likely stay in Iraq and try to win the war. After a few more years in Iraq, the body count will be so high, and the results will be so low, that the president would be a fool not to withdrawl all troops from Iraq. Effectively, this makes the new president look like a bad president, and he will be taking all of the blame for the lousy outcome of the war... and none of the blame will go to Bush.

If the new president is democrat, he will likely say "we need to get out of there now, it has been several years and neither the US or Iraq has benefited from this war" and will withdrawl the troops. This will make him look like (as some republicans say) a "cut n' run liberal. Notice... none of the blame will go to Bush, just to the newly elected president.

So, either way, in the end Bush will look like a hero and the new guy will look like a wimp or an idiot. Bush has screwed up big time, he knows it, the world knows, and now he is going to cover up his mess by shifting the blame to someone else. Just you watch.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush doesnt know what he's doing so how can anyone else know what he's doing?

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i think credit goes to josh over at TPM calling what bush is doing: punting.

he's punting to the next president, fully realizing it will probably be a dem. i believe the GOP is looking ahead to 2012.

the other thing bush is doing is putting the dems in congress in a position where they have to cut off funding to stop this thing. then bush, the GOP, and all the fighting keyboardists can go on for years about how the liberals don't support the troops.

nothing that bush is doing is policy or strategic, it's all politics.

4. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I forgot to add, if a new democratic president comes in and takes the troops out of Iraq, the republican bush supporters will claim that Bush set America up for success, and that we could have won the war, but that damn cut n run liberal had to take those perfectly ready to fight troops out of Iraq. I can see it now...

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Listening to Bush you would think Iraq did 911, and Osama & Saddam are the same guy and the attack was carried out from Iraq. Fact is 911 has 0 to do with Iraq. Nothing. We shouldnt even be in Iraq except for the Israeli Lobby and a bunch of Oil Barons..... and our Hero in charge. Meanwhile on the otherside of the planet a guy named Osama has become a farmer growing poppys.

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

really? where did you gleen that from the speech?

7. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

That's exactly what he wants us to think. If Saddam and Iraq were not conected to terrorism and 911, what other reason would we have to be there? It's spelled O I L

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Im not saying this speach but past ones he has spun 911 into Iraq and with that he said some interesting things on Iran. he said they knew of Irans involvement in Iraq. Thats not good coming from George, he could just bomb the crap out of Irans Nuclear facilities. They have done as good of job on Iraqs borders as they have on our Mexican border?

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Iraq being connected to terrorism before 9-11 is a moot point now. The fact remains that there are terrorists there now.

10. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

That is true. But here's the thing. The war in Iraq won't do any good, because the terrorists that are already in Iraq, live in Iraq. It's not like they are going to stop fighting and move away. We are the ones who do not belong in there, not the natives. And they will die before they leave, so pretty much this war is an ensured bloodbath

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Millions now thanks to our little war, half Sunni half Shiia and they all look the same and we are putting our troops inbetween? meanwhile WMDs are being made in Iran and George has screwed up on Iraq so bad he has little clout for anything on Iran.

12. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

The reason terrorists are there now is because we created a power vacuum and they moved in to fill it. We are the reason that they are there. Bush was told by his generals to send 400,000-500,000 troops in to do the job right. He sent in 140,000. No wonder it didn't work out.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

14. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Say "I" if you think that if Iraq had no oil we would be there today.

*crickets*

That's what I thought.

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

There is more at play here, 1st you have two Islamic societys who have killed each other for a thousand years. Both are taught revenge,hate and eye for a eye. Terrific. Removing Saddam was genius if you want Iran running the Mid East.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course, once again, when it gets too hot in the kitchen, obeygiant leaves.

17. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I like how Bush stutters and looks clueless while giving speeches.

18. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

:D

19. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

He looks like that all the time. But don't "misunderestimate" what i'm trying to say...

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh- and don't you just love his avatar? Give us a break. :rolleyes:

21. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Have you seen the video of Bush being asked the question about "tribal sovereignty"?

LOL...:D

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Joe Biden said much the same thing last week:

Washington Post

Can't say as I disagree with that assessment.

23. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

No, it is not a moot point. We gave the Islamic Jihad a battlefield they never had before. This was one of the many fundamental political land-mines I foresaw. This could not have worked out better for them. We walked into a trap and I damn embarrassed to be led by the idiots who did not see it coming.

24. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush doesnt seem to understand that by bombing the crap out of Iraq he has given all Iraqi's a reason to hate Americans. He also doesnt talk much on Iraq's biggest problem and its called Islam. Unless your going to redo that religion you might as well leave.

25. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

And because threre is no way in hell that that is going to happen, we might as well leave. But don't forget about the oil... were stayin there till its all gone.