You say Osama, I say Obama...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

NBC News ;)

It probably was just an innocent mistake...and the names are so unfortunately similar, I doubt it's the last time we'll see this happen.

2. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Well with regard to Osama, in keeping with the song, the administration has gone with 'let's call the whole thing off", apparently.

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Agree. Unfortunately we'll probably see it again -- they sound the same and their is only one letter difference in their names.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Maybe Bush will have Obama killed and see how many people don't spot the difference.

5. stillwater macrumors regular

I want to laugh, but I'm afraid he might just do it because he really is that stupid.

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I doubt Blitzer would personally apologize for a spelling error if it were Bush's name. ;)

7. Queso macrumors G4

Whoever does the captioning at CNN is a total idiot. You get headlines that fade off mid-screen, text that is too long for the picture, and spelling mistakes all over the place. They really need to tighten their act up.

8. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Because a spelling error in Bush's name wouldn't put in him in a situation that linked him to a terrorist. ;)

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

But it would be a liberal media conspiracy.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Didn't we have some kind of incident like this -- except embarrassing for some conservative figure -- and the righties were out in force about how biased the media was and how they just couldn't resist the cheap shots etc etc...?

I swear I remember that from a while ago, but I don't recall the subject...

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

are you referring to CNN briefly placing an X over cheney's face?

12. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, it wasn't exactly across his face...

Attached Files:

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Once again the Veil graphics factory comes through! :D

You must be running some kind of sweat shop over there.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

CNN probably didn't do either of those on purpose, the X or Obama/Osama. But the people who work there could just as easily have done it on purpose than by accident, so I don't know. Kennedy accidentally called him Osama, glad they both apologized.

But there are people doing it on purpose, and it's just wrong. He has nothing to do with Osama, or his other namesake Saddam (his middle name is Hussein). The right had to find some dirt, so between this and the casual drug use when he was a kid, this will make some good rhetoric for awhile to smear him since they have nothing of substance.

Bush's actually heavy drug use and family ties to the Bin Ladens (and Saddam) ignored of course.

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Heh, it's gonna be fun to listen to Junkie Limbaugh hopping on the "Obama's bad because he used drugs" bandwagon. And you know he will.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Hey, Bill O'Reilly still derides Bill Clinton for being some kind of sex pervert. Falafel. So did a bunch of Republicans who are guilty of similar, if not worse, indiscretions. So yeah, of course he will. Then when people point out his hypocrisy, he'll just claim it's reverse racism or something.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Now Yahoo!'s doing it too. They say it was an accident, and I want to believe them, but it's getting kinda ridiculous. Damn liberal media.