You think the new PowerBook will come out soon?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by iQuit, Oct 13, 2005.

1. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

2. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

3. proverbs macrumors 6502

lol. this topic has been going on since July. i think there are about 20+ threads a day regarding this topic.

i actually was trying to sell my 1.67 powerbook at the begining of august, and a bunch of people were telling me, "i'll buy it for $1500 (or some other low ball price) because the new PB is supposed to come out next week". good thing i decided to keep it.

but yes, i do believe it should be coming out soon - maybe right before Christmas.

4. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

A hard drive? Cool :D

5. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Ugh, I hope so. I need to buy a PowerBook THIS WEEK. I want an up-to-date one. :(

(And I don't need the PowerBook this week. I'll just need to spend the money this week. I'll only have this week as a window for spending the money on a PowerBook before it's gone or spent by someone else. :( :( )

I want a new PowerBook with marginally faster CPUs, dual-layer SuperDrive standard, 128MB graphics standard, the modem (RJ-11) port replaced with another USB (or 2), larger drives, and a free iSight included (no way I'm paying $150, or even $130 edu, on something that comes free with a $1299 17" G5 iMac!).

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Smart not to say Christmas 2005.

7. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

If you actually NEED a portable this week, I'd buy
    an iBook with just enough to cover your true portable
    requirements AND a 17" iMac G5 for your heavier
    work.

Both for the price of a fully equipped G4 15" 1.67 PB

8. Mannequin macrumors newbie

well, you know... if you buy it today they will upgrade it tomorrow. But if you don't buy it and wait then of course they wont upgrade it at all.. ;) thats how things work.

9. carpe diem macrumors 6502

they may go solid state!!!!

10. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Well..i dunno...you know Apple..maybe after a few weeks they're gonna come out with this "One More Last Thing" event...

11. RobHague macrumors 6502

Looks possible.

However maybe Apple are holding off updating the Power and iBooks because they are going 'Intel' first? I mean would make some sense that the portable systems would be the first to make use of the Intels low power consumption etc.

It's all speculation though, it does not matter what anyone thinks will happen - its what will happen. Only one person knows that for sure, and he isnt available for comment. ;)

12. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I've avoided this topic, but since there were no Powerbook updates Tuesday, I'm beginning to believe PBs with Intel will come out sooner than we think.