You want some of this?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Dec 2, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Yeah, you, Mr. Cold Bug.

You wanna try and take me down? go right ahead. There is more Cold Eeeze where that came from. And if you think that is bad, wait until I unleash my buddy Vitamin C on you. And if you really think you're made of the stuff, wait until I just down a couple of Percocets and crash out on you. Chills, fever? Heh.

Seriously, though, I almost think I should let this thing maraud my body and get it over with. I've been barely keeping it at bay for a week now. All of my younger nephews had it at Thanksgiving and were nearly bed-ridden with it.

I'm kind of tired of it dragging on in it's half-potent counterpart.

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

don't let it beat you!

Sounds like your immune system is stronger then your Nephews. I hear you though, I have a slight stuffy nose that has been with me for a couple of days. My friends kids have had a bronchitis like cough for a few weeks now, Thankfully I haven't gotten that.

I am trying EVERYthing to prevent getting more sick :) .
    Everything but Voodoo and animal sacrifices! :eek:

3. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Yeah, I'm just tired of it dragging on. This morning I woke up with a splitting headache, little bit of a cough and general blah.

Think I'll go to the gym and hit the bastard with the steam room for a half an hour or so.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I always found it amazing that doctors never really get sick. Sure, a new strain of flu is big each year or two, but do these guys ever get sick from it? Nope. Maybe their bodies get used to it even if they don't directly catch it, and when they DO catch the bug, nothing happens. I don't know. :confused:

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I'll take care of ya Blue!

I hardly ever get sick. When I do, I'm down and out. In fact, as of December 8th I'll have been with my company for 2 years. In two years I've earned 80 hours of sick time. I have 62 hours left... I'm a workhorse baby! And 53 hours of vacation as well. Hmmmm. If AI time it right I could take a whole month off.

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

*chuckle*

Ack... it's just a head-cold with slight temperature which will evolve into the runny-nose phase within hours. Whiskey and lemon is at hand though with some decongestants...

Still, I'm half-heartedly working at home at the mo. Couldn't face the trip to work and personally, I can't stand people who come into the office when they're ill and pass it on to the rest of the team.

So I'm doing them a favour, right?
    I'm such a selfless soul... :D

8. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Well, lemme see if I can take some vacation time and I'll be sure to fly my butt on over, I'll pick you up some egg drop soup and green tea. That, and maybe a little tiger balm for the aches and pains.

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Ooo... you little devilish charmer, you. I'm guessing that I'll need some help with the tiger balm, right?

Colds used to be something I could shake off really quickly, not so now. :(

10. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Not, sure, but if you do need help with the tiger balm, I'd be happy to help you out! :D I could also bring my Mac mini and rev up some good healing music.

Now we just need to find someone to help iGary.

iGary, I think I knwo someone who can help you out, though he's not blonde or got a good build. Any interest?

11. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

It seems the Benadryl is kicking in nicely...:p

12. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

It's in my chest now.

Nothing that's keeping me from working, but it's really getting annoying.

13. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I've had my worst cold ever this year - and felt much the same. When it got to my chest it was the last stage, hope it is the same for you. I did have a cough for a week afterwards - but felt better.

But maybe it should keep you from working- so you can take it easy , get better, and best of all not work! A couple of days of rest sped my recovery up. feel better soon-

14. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Coupla weeks for me, down to sneezing coughing and chest congestion now but at least I am on my feet and not sleeping 16 hours.

Was doing pretty good holding it off, until our trip to Calif. 12 hours on airplanes and in airports each way just kicked my resistance all to #=!!.

(Damn I hate fever dreams. Nasty twisted circular can't escape go right back into it after waking up in a lather stupid nasty dreams.)

15. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

The best thing I heard for getting rid of a cold is a sauna. Sweating it out is one of the quickest ways to get rid of it.

I thought I read that in a fitness magazine and don't know how true it is on a medical stand point but I have tried it and I do feel ALOT better afterwords.

"More placebos please!":p

16. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Yeah did all that earlier in the week. Sauna and steamroom....

Blah, off to bed with me. :eek:

17. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Sweatily dreamed last night that I was visited in my flat by a couple of MacRumors regulars (Applespider & Wintermute) who bought along some friends who tore the place apart making renovations to the bathroom and so forth. Applespider & Wintermute also stopped me from jumping out a 4-story window after getting take-out salads for all of us... :confused: :D

18. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Can we start a Macrumors psychiatric help forum !?

:D

I am not sure why getting a salad would make you want to jump from a window either? Must have been the company ;)

::hides under ibook::
    ::Realizes that won't work because his BMI says that 840quadra is overweight::

19. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

*Forms a line to the comfy couch*

Stop pushing in the back there, Lacero! :D

20. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

Yeah, take a bunch of drugs to stop the body's natural process of getting rid of the bug (fever, sweating)...

Then go sit in a steam room....:p

Sit it out & suffer. Let the body do it's thing........

21. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

It might be me, I am still traumatized by the picture of Lacero's Toe!
    :( :D

22. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

OK, today it is kicking my ass.

In my chest and I was up all night, even after I took a Percocet (left over from back surgery). If I can't sleep tonight, I wlll break into the valium supply (those were used as muscle relaxants on my last surgery too).

Rob won't let me go to the steamroom at the gym becuase he said it's full of germs. (Oh, but it is fine if we go to a germ-filled theater to see HP for the third time.)

23. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

feel better Gary! perhaps steaming yourself at home would help.
    get well soon!

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

sounds like u got a serious sci-fi movie going on in your body iGary....dont let the dark force rule the universe....use the force.

Bless

25. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Yep, it is that time of the year again. I am not really "sick" but stuffy. Started the other day, but I didn't get the headache and complete stuffy feeling until I got up out of bed this afternoon.

Oh well, I usually don't complain about such things. Unless I am really "sick" I don't miss out on anything.