Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well i'm in a telecomm class right now. my teacher just said:

"yesterday Apple announced a 5-year plan to get out of the computer making business. they are gonna sell their computer part to IBM. "

he said they said this at the closing bell or whatever yesterday

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Um... yeah.

Odd that we haven't seen any word of this here. :rolleyes:

I think he just might be full of it. ;)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
hey, i don't believe it either. i'm sitting here in class with my MBP, and of course he points at me when he says it. "bad news for this guy"

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
This is the same IBM that left the computer making business last year?

Yeah, I can see how that would work for all parties :rolleyes:

hey, i don't believe it either. i'm sitting here in class with my MBP, and of course he points at me when he says it. "bad news for this guy"
You should have pulled up Google, spun the laptop round and told him to provide you with evidence.

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
Next time he says something so ridiculous, put you hand up and inform your teacher that he has just won the The Pulitzer Prize for fiction.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
Maybe you should have said:

"Oh, well i guess i don't need this anymore..." and then huffed it at him as hard as you can.

At least you might have knocked some sense into him.

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
The sad truth is that Apple is Steve Jobs, once Jobs die or leave say bye bye to Apple because is doomed. Some large company will buy it and zero innovations ever again.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
The sad truth is that Apple is Steve Jobs, once Jobs die or leave say bye bye to Apple because is doomed. Some large company will buy it and zero innovations ever again.
Utter rubbish. Apple without SJ would go through a period of adjustment then come out with whatever direction the new CEO takes.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
"yesterday Apple announced a 5-year plan to get out of the computer making business. they are gonna sell their computer part to IBM. "

Somehow I think he's just talking off the top of his head to make a point. He can't know for sure unless he's a board member on Apple. Can you provide anymore context to what he was speaking?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Somehow I think he's just talking off the top of his head to make a point. He can't know for sure unless he's a board member on Apple. Can you provide anymore context to what he was speaking?

well the class is about networks and stuff (IEEE 802.3, and stuff) and first he said "does anyone know what happened at Wall-street yesterday? In Silicon Valley in Cupertino, California? Apple Computer Corporation has announced they are getting out of the computer business, to focus on multimedia......blah blah blah"

i didn't hear the rest after that, as you can imagine. but i guess we have talked in the class about video and stuff going across networks....

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Reminds me of a class I had my first semester in college. We had to do a presentation for a prject at the end of the semester. One of my classmates in another group brought his HP laptop up to the front, and couldn't get it to work with the projector. Then my group came up and I took my PB up front. The professor said "A Mac? You couldn't get a real computer?" I just gave my "that was stupid and I'm about to show you up" laugh, plugged my PB into the projector, and hit the "Detect Displays" button. It worked just fine, especially since I was using my phone as a Keynote controller.

Of course, no one cared that my PB worked just fine, but one guy did ask me what I used to chage the slides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.