Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aeolius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2002
Tell your teacher that you heard on the news that all schools and colleges would be replaced by online courses within the next 10 years. ;)

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
This is the same IBM that left the computer making business last year?

IBM is trying to sell all of the world's PC companies to China. This is their secret plan. Selling their own was just the beginning!

Please don't tell anyone. This is supposed to be a secret.

Motley

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2005
Why would they sell their computer business to IBM? IBM got out of the desktop pc business a while ago.

Maybe he was trying to do a reverse pump and dump?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Reminds me of a class I had my first semester in college. We had to do a presentation for a prject at the end of the semester. One of my classmates in another group brought his HP laptop up to the front, and couldn't get it to work with the projector. Then my group came up and I took my PB up front. The professor said "A Mac? You couldn't get a real computer?" I just gave my "that was stupid and I'm about to show you up" laugh, plugged my PB into the projector, and hit the "Detect Displays" button. It worked just fine, especially since I was using my phone as a Keynote controller.

Of course, no one cared that my PB worked just fine, but one guy did ask me what I used to chage the slides.

I haven't gotten a mac laptop yet, but the HP one that I had to use for a powerpoint presentation took a lot more to get it to work than when I have borrowed someone else's powerbook.

Martin.

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2007
Calgary, Canada
if steve jobs left apple or died (heaven forbid) then i would still be proud to own an apple and steve jobs would still kick bill gates's ass even if he was dead.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
I had a guy from my Uni's A/V support dept come into one of my lectures to fix the projector, he was mumbling that is was probably my fault because I am on my PB and it is supposed to work on PC only ( *BS*), and how macs are overpriced niche pieces of crap... just as he finished saying this the lightbulb in the projector completely burned out leaving us in the dark, the guy looks up and he is surrounded by the glow of 17 mac laptops (mostly ibooks and macbooks). He just gulped and went to get a new projector.
It was way funnier than I can write it.

There is one guy in theat class with a Dell, the guy is too embaressed to use his in the class next to the glowing apples. It really does look like some occult gathering...

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
My teacher (also the school IT guy) is the same way, but he always says stuff like that jokingly. He calls me a machead because I always do my projects on the topic of Apple and I always make suggestions to him about replacing the current machines with iMacs because of the huge advantage we would have in web design class.

Cheese

macrumors 6502
Kindly suggest that your teacher disclose the source of his ill gotten data about Apple going dry in five years. (Post his reply here for us all) I question how a business news related story is relevent to a networking course. One would have to assume that his jealousy of your mac-centric life has gotten the best of him. Pity that.

3nm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
some profs are really funny. it reminds me one time my bio prof stated something like "speed relates to direction while velocity doesn't." :rolleyes:

i kept my hole shut but of course some smart guns corrected him. :)

i kinda felt bad for him cos he's not very anal. also, he always confused the word "organism" with "orgaism." :D

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Reminds me of a class I had my first semester in college. We had to do a presentation for a prject at the end of the semester. One of my classmates in another group brought his HP laptop up to the front, and couldn't get it to work with the projector. Then my group came up and I took my PB up front. The professor said "A Mac? You couldn't get a real computer?" I just gave my "that was stupid and I'm about to show you up" laugh, plugged my PB into the projector, and hit the "Detect Displays" button. It worked just fine, especially since I was using my phone as a Keynote controller.

Oh yes, I had to give a lecture at t' posh museum t'other day, and i was like, oh what equip you got? and they were like oh we got powerpoint projector, and I was like oh you mean a video projector, and they said oh whatever, and i was like, can I bring mah powahbookah, and they were like oh soz cuz cos cus like we got like it works with pc only, and y'know, i was like haha jes u c, watch my face, like haha, and like, i came on da day with mah powah bookah, and like it was totalle working and fab and like, and you know, that majorie hetherington was like totally green you know, and that's a fact that is, aishly-jayne told me so behind the bike sheds while she was tossing off jimmy-boy for a packa fags.

3nm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
lol fags = smokes in the UK, right? :)

Oh yes, I had to give a lecture at t' posh museum t'other day, and i was like, oh what equip you got? and they were like oh we got powerpoint projector, and I was like oh you mean a video projector, and they said oh whatever, and i was like, can I bring mah powahbookah, and they were like oh soz cuz cos cus like we got like it works with pc only, and y'know, i was like haha jes u c, watch my face, like haha, and like, i came on da day with mah powah bookah, and like it was totalle working and fab and like, and you know, that majorie hetherington was like totally green you know, and that's a fact that is, aishly-jayne told me so behind the bike sheds while she was tossing off jimmy-boy for a packa fags.

pengu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2005
Diddily Daddily...

um. your location says london. most people in london speak english, would you care to join the crowd?

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
well the class is about networks and stuff (IEEE 802.3, and stuff) and first he said "does anyone know what happened at Wall-street yesterday? In Silicon Valley in Cupertino, California? Apple Computer Corporation has announced they are getting out of the computer business, to focus on multimedia......blah blah blah"

i didn't hear the rest after that, as you can imagine. but i guess we have talked in the class about video and stuff going across networks....

The fact he called it Apple Computer Corporation shows his lack of backround info...it was Apple Computer Inc, now its Apple Inc

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
um. your location says london. most people in london speak english, would you care to join the crowd?

hey dont you be giving me ill vibes, me and aishly and jayne and millyissa and calyre and ali and caffy and nutty-janey and pauley we're all like well cool, we;re the kilburn massive, and don't you dare diss us, and hey i saw you banging ess-jay behind t' Spar takie-offy, and thats true that is cos jimmy saw you too he did too dead to rights he did and thats a fact that is cos melyissa told me while she was sucking off maxy for a half-ouncer baggy, so give over with the ills will ya!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.