Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xtopher

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Ontario
hey dont you be giving me ill vibes, me and aishly and jayne and millyissa and calyre and ali and caffy and nutty-janey and pauley we're all like well cool, we;re the kilburn massive, and don't you dare diss us, and hey i saw you banging ess-jay behind t' Spar takie-offy, and thats true that is cos jimmy saw you too he did too dead to rights he did and thats a fact that is cos melyissa told me while she was sucking off maxy for a half-ouncer baggy, so give over with the ills will ya!
... must be a 14 year old valley girl, or the new "lingo" the kids use im just as confused....:rolleyes: or dyslexic. hopefully, because if not they need some MAJOR english teachers over the pond

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
it just occurred to me it could be someone trying to act like Vicky Pollard from little britain

istockphoto_362823_lady_wins_bingo.jpg

Bingo! took ya long enough and all that and yah and yesh and how does them hollioaks ommnibuses suit you!

thereailwaychildren3.gif

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
That teacher sure isn't the prize at the bottom of a cereal box. :(

However any CEO that breaks Apple up is likely to win the AT&T/Lucent prize for Most Destructive Corporate Action of the Decade -- I think Chainsaw Al is the presenter this decade.

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Bingo! took ya long enough and all that and yah and yesh and how does them hollioaks ommnibuses suit you!

hehe.. I liked those, 'specially how each one ended with getting information from melyssa and aishlee-jayne while they were ahem.. 'working' for cigarettes or drugs. nice little formula.

I missed most of the little britain thing. I saw repeats just last xmas when I was back for a bit. they were great once you got what was going on... I feel so old school...

... just to give this post a bit of relevance to the main topic :p : It's weird how IT people seem to differ from institution to institution. Here, most IT people use macs at home and begrudge using PC's on campus. ... although, I think the networking crew have sabotaged all the macs. Every campus iMac (mostly 1.9 G5's and 1.83 intels) is super slow logging onto the network:mad:

YT

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Yeah, I hate it when I'm labeled "The Mac Guy." Anytime a teacher (or someone or something) mentions or shows a mac, everyone looks at me. It's the best feeling in the world to be stared at by 50 people at the same time.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
well i'm in a telecomm class right now. my teacher just said:

"yesterday Apple announced a 5-year plan to get out of the computer making business. they are gonna sell their computer part to IBM. "

he said they said this at the closing bell or whatever yesterday
I hope that he's just pulling your leg. Some instructors like to do that to get the class going.

Otherwise, your teacher is...well...you get my point.

BTW, if I am not mistaken this was a real rumor back when Apple went with the PowerPC (Apple, IBM and Motorola) chip. Because IBM was involved in the chip, many folks saw Apple being absorbed by them.

millar876

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
when my wife was at uni she borrowed my iBook 466DV SE for a couple of her mandatory first year ECDL lectures and was told, apples cant access the Uni's Wifi network, access the files for the course off of said network, read a cd created on a PC, or use office. needless to say that as attendance didnt factor into the grading of the cubject (only assesment papers and a final exam) she didnt go back to the lectures, and only turned up for the set papers and final and what do you know she passed.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I hope that he's just pulling your leg. Some instructors like to do that to get the class going.

Otherwise, your teacher is...well...you get my point.

BTW, if I am not mistaken this was a real rumor back when Apple went with the PowerPC (Apple, IBM and Motorola) chip. Because IBM was involved in the chip, many folks saw Apple being absorbed by them.

i hope so too. but he seemed serious. maybe he was relating to that old rumor (he's an old guy).

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
i hope so too. but he seemed serious. maybe he was relating to that old rumor (he's an old guy).

Speaking as one of the resident old guys... I can hardly believe anyone of any age is hanging on rumors circulated more than 15 years ago! Personally, I think your teacher is an ill-informed dumb cluck. But that's just one old guy's opinion. ;)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Speaking as one of the resident old guys... I can hardly believe anyone of any age is hanging on rumors circulated more than 15 years ago! Personally, I think your teacher is an ill-informed dumb cluck. But that's just one old guy's opinion. ;)

yeah, i don't know what he was trying to do.....or if he just dreamed this up from Apple Computer changing to just Apple

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
As another one of the resident old guys... :)

Anyhow, I see PC users all the time stating old information concerning Apple and the Mac. They tend to be updated on the PC side but stuck in history on the Apple/Mac side.

This teacher may be in the same fold. Or, he could just be pulling your leg with an obtuse rumor comment. I wouldn't worry about it much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.