You would think this was a Windows board....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Apr 5, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

With all the fracking Windows discussion threads.

I see XP or Vista one more time....

Geebus. :rolleyes:

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

I know there are mixed feelings on the subject, but this announcement makes my life much easier (assuming they come out with an Intel iBook by August). Many of us need to run Windows for one program (I will be among them since I have decided that this work thing isn't doing it for me, and law school would be a good alternative for a few years. Haha :rolleyes: ), but did not want to have to deal with using a PC all the time.

My solution was going to be to get an Apple laptop of some sort, and then suffer through my exams on the cheapest PC laptop I could find. That's just not convenient, and it means less money to go towards that shiny new Apple computer. With this announcement, I can go ahead and just get one computer that will do everything I want it to, and still not have to worry about finding a laptop to take exams on.

I think most of the people you're hearing aren't excited that they can use Windows all the time on a pretty Mac, they are happy that they will be able to avoid making Window their primary OS because their Mac will be able to do it all!

3. Takumi macrumors regular

It's a ways off yet but, where there is a will there is a way

Takumi

4. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

You mean this isn't a Windows thread?!? :eek:

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

This too shall pass. Then we can get back to the important threads like when is the MacBook coming out etc.

6. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

This is really an iGary Rant of the Day®™© thread™

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am in exactly the same boat as you...for some reason, some legal (and some science related) software titles will work on a pc and not on a mac with an emulator for windows...why that is, i don't know since i am not a software developer

at least law students can actually be like "reese witherspoon" now, walking into class and being different...man, i loved that "mac" scene which i won't describe since it's one of the best in the movie "legally blond"

8. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I agree.

This is MacRumors. Yeah, so there's a few rumors w/ windows on a Mac.. don't mean you gotta have every fracking post about it. :(

9. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i'm cool with the discussions (you don't have to go into them..)

but if the front page says "Rumored Microsoft MP3 Player to be next iPod Killer" then thats when i go on to bust some heads.

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

boot camp was huge news today and i suspect as the days go on, the whole windows talk will settle down

when a new type of ipod, or a mactel ibook, or leopard comes out, that will be the buzz on macrumors and there will be endless posts on that topic

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You're just mad that it's pushing down the hits on your thread about Pinky. :eek: ;) :eek:

Love ya! :)

12. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Agreed- Boot Camp will be the buzz here on MR for a couple of days and then it will shift to something else. :)

13. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

The reason you can't use the emulator in the law environment is actually pretty simple. The exam software locks you out of everything else so you can't access any information on your computer and cheat. If you could run the program via emulation there would be nothing to keep you from accessing this information in OS X and you could "cheat" all day long.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I feel your pain man....i was looking and wondering what the hell....oh well its something we gotta live with now.

Bless

15. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

when i 1st heard it i has like "hell NO"

but i like more options, even if i will never use it, it can't hurt me, as long as i get Mac OS X:rolleyes:

16. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

oh that makes sense

then why the scientific software? well, anyway i wasn't cut out to be a scientist anyway ;)

i guess lawyers will have to cheat once they pass the bar ;)

17. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Is this the real reason behind iGary's anger about all the windoze threads? ;) :) It can't be... ;) :)

18. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Gives me the heebie-jeebies REAL bad.
    I need a calmative.

19. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Is this not the case now? J/K ;) :)

20. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

um hi i dont no if this is the write thread to post about this but i want to run windows on my pismo and i hard its possible now!!!!!!one! my friend sed i could so can you tell me how please no responses that arent ansers thanx!

sorry iGary, I couldn't resist.

21. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I guess it is kind of disturbing.
    ***looks for sedative to give to Les Kern*** ;) :)

22. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Either that or all the pr0n sites have gone down...on someone else. :eek: ;) :D

23. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sorry stridey, your friend lied to you- you can not defile your Pismo by installing windoze on it. ;) :)

24. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I agree iGary, I do understand why people need/want (yes WANT) to run windows.

But what's so surprising is just how damn happy everyone is about this. It's like all the previous PC/Windows bashing around here was just a rue to fit into the Mac Users profile. Now that Apple is facilitating windows it's like "Awesome! This is the best thing to ever happen to Macs!"

25. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

That could also explain iGary's anger. ;) :D