Young IT Manager in Distress!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by chriscorcoran, Apr 1, 2004.

1. chriscorcoran macrumors newbie

Hello, My name is Chris.
    I am in High School and I work for my school as a kinda Juinor IT Manager. Well more like a repressed Senior IT Manager. (The guy I work for really wasnt built to fill the job). He is very attached to his HP notebook and his internet explorer. Out of the blue he decide to ask for my opion on something. He wants to use the same operating system on all the system through out the network. I want to move us to Mac because of the better security, lower TCO and better reliablity. But I have the sneaking supision that he is not going to listen to me and the network is going to go to hell. So what I need is something that will help me convince him to switch the network to mac. Something like a breif email about your network inforstructuer and how you adiminster it (time a day, service calls etc). You would be going a great service to a tiny school that really needs it.

Email me at: chriscorcoran9@hotmail.com

2. csubear macrumors 6502a

csubear

Well it depends on home many clients we are talking about. Max OS X server makes thing very easy, but the number of clients and your current network infastructure, as well as your budget makes all the diffrence.

if its < 50-100 clients, A G5 Xserve DUAL, and an XRAID. should do the job as a server, if you have more than 100 clients you are going to need a few more servers.

but, LDAP is going to be your friend for remote athentication. OS X server makes it so easy. infact OS X server makes just about everything easy.