Your 2003 Worst 10 Movie List

Discussion in 'Community' started by voicegy, Dec 31, 2003.

1. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    To compliment the Top 10 list started by the honorable Awimoway:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52960

My worst of 2003:

1. Old School
    2. Anger Management
    3. Underworld (I actually walked out)
    4. Legally Blonde 2 (I adore Reese Witherspoon, and this thing was obviously made just to squeeze a few extra bucks. My favorite movie with Reese? The incredible "Freeway".)
    5. The Core (not even good enough for TV)
    6. Dumb and Dumberer (speaks for itself)
    7. Jeepers Creepers 2 (I really, REALLY wanted to love this movie, but the first was still soooo much better)
    8. Matrix III or whatever it was called who cares whatever the 1st was the best.
    9. The Cat in the Hat (we're soooo sorry, Theodore Geisel...forgive us)
    Animated:
    10. Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas

And of course, the biggest stink-bomb of the entire year, "Gigli.":(

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

having seen old school in excess of 20 times I still find it entertainig. i don't voluntarily watch ti but in college atleast once a weekend someone has it on ...

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

4. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

X men 2 ... i think that was this year ... and in my opinion goes down as the worst movie of the year

5. voicegy thread starter macrumors 65816

voicegy

Come on, kids...play along. This is for YOUR worst 10, not to question MY choices, which are just my opinion, anyway. DontHurtMe, look at my list again...Gigli got honorable mention from me for biggest stink bomb.

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I don't know if this is a 2003 release but I saw it on an airplane this last summer - Bringing Down the House with Steve Martin and Queen Latifah. It was truly horrible. The worst part is that some of the folks in the movie actually are very talented. It's on my all time worst list. The monstrously overblown and horribly acted League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is right next to it. Not anywhere as bad, but still very bad is The Hulk with Jennifer Connelly as the only real saving grace. Wonderful actress and I've loved her since she was a kid in Labyrinth.

Sorry, that's not ten movies, but it's a start.

7. voicegy thread starter macrumors 65816

voicegy

Great list...yes, how could I forget about The Hulk?! Actually, I could forgive Jeepers Creepers 2 and replace it easily with that one. Yuck!!

8. evil macrumors 6502

wtf!? x2 is a good movie.

the hulk was really ****ty. they could've done a better job with that one.

another movie that sucked really bad was posession with gwennith paltrow.

9. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Biggest Movie let down of 2003: Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Another horror film that really sucked... House of a Thousand Corpses. I actually walked out of that.

10. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

X men 2 was just awful ... after the first 30 minutes i kept looking at my watch so damn boring ...

and yes .... the Hulk may be the only movie that could be worse,

i would also like to list

2 fast 2 furious

11. Tequila Grandma macrumors regular

This was a "let down"? What, were you actally expecting a WB/MTV-oriented remake of one of the greatest horror films of all time to be good?

I try to avoid as many bad films as possible, such is why my list shall be short:

1. Bruce Almighty
    2. The Matrix Revolutions
    3. The Matrix Reloaded
    4. Ken Park (although this is now technically a 2004 release)

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i dont know if i have 10 i can think of, but i didnt like terminator 3, tomb raider 2, and scary movie 3. probably my favorites was old school, bad santa, swat, bad boys 2, finding nemo, xmen 2 and some more i cant think of.

iJon

13. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Re: Your 2003 Worst 10 Movie List

Never saw it. Looked dumb.
    Heard it was funny but never saw it.
    Looked cool, but didnt see it.
    Didnt see it, but the first wasnt bad.
    My aunt, uncle, and cousin put this in their top 5 all time favorite movies. THey said it was REALLY good.
    That was released!??! I missed it without knowing it was ever released. I've been wating for it to come out. :confused: :p
    I would never see a movie called Jeepers Creepers. ;)
    The matrix revolutions wasn't near as good as the original, but it wasn't bad. It was much better than the average film, but doesnt even compare to the original.
    No comment. :)
    didnt see it.
    Was Gili really that bad? I never saw it, never wanted to, but it didn't look all that bad.

scem0

14. voicegy thread starter macrumors 65816

voicegy

Agreed. The original can't be touched. I didn't even bother seeing the remake.

I have a movie critic friend who invites me along to press screenings, so that's why my list is so long. I forget that sometimes...that after a movie comes out and the reviews are in and word of mouth hits the streets, that most turkeys are easily avoided.

So, Rule Change...toss out your worst list, no matter how small.:D

15. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Here is my list for worst movies of 2003

5. The Matrix Resurrection
    4. The Hulk
    3. Malibu's Most Wanted
    2. From Justin To Kelly
    1. Gigli

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

sorry didnt see that at the bottom

17. voicegy thread starter macrumors 65816

voicegy

Which is where it belongs. ;)

18. Chomolungma macrumors regular

A fat 50 year man playing the bad guy! For the love of what is decent man :D

-chomo

19. Chomolungma macrumors regular

T3

They throw in bad jokes and some instance poke fun of the characters. Jokes ruin it for me. i don't know, but the end of humanity and humor doesn't go together, I think.

-chomo

20. haiggy macrumors 65816

Legally Blonde 2

How could you not like Legally Blonde 2? Didn't you see all those 15" Powerbooks? :D

21. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

on the list of the top ten, i think i only saw ten movies in 2003 which were made then

and on that list, tears of the sun with bruce willis was the weakest movie and i gave it one star

i am sure there were worse movies than that and i wouldn't say it was horrible, but it did not live up to what i thought it could be...there are many bruce willis adventure type movies and some of them are a lot of fun and well done, but tears of the sun was not one of them

at times the movie looked like it would break out into a typical adventure movie like he is famours for like die hard or armageddon, but the movie never got off the ground that way...as far as a believable story or deep plot, the movie was void there, too

if one wants to watch a great special forces type of movie, see band of brothers about the airborne paratroopers of world war II...very intense and a project well done

22. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Dude. Possession. 2002. Gwenyth. Dude.

23. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

I'm not sure I agree with that one.
    But like you I tend to avoid bad movies, and the bad ones I do see tend to be forgotten.

24. Squire macrumors 68000

Squire

I used to go to the movies all the time but, ever since the little ones arrived, I feel lucky to watch a video once or twice a month.

My dad used to make fun of me for saying, "That was the best movie I've ever seen," after every movie. He, on the other hand, always seemed to complain about flicks. I fear that I'm becoming like my father because a lot of movies just don't do it for me anymore. Let me just point out a couple gems.

1) The Fifty-first State This is, hands down, the worst excuse for a film I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie but I came very close in this one. After the movie, I read some online reviews and was absolutely astounded to see that some people actually liked it.

2) Broken Arrow With two actors I like starring in it and an interesting story, I didn't think I could go wrong watching this. I was wrong. I don't like a lot of John Woo's directing. It's too much. The guy has a love affair with the slow motion effect, in my opinion. (Should slow-mo be used when John Travolta lights a smoke?)

3) ...

I'll try to think of more. They're just two movies I've seen in the past 7 years or so that I found poor.

(braces for onslaught of flames)

Squire

25. Awimoway macrumors 65816

I'm sorry, voicegy. I would like to participate, but I make a point of being fairly selective about the movies I go to see, because I have no patience for crap. The last move I saw in the theatre that I hated was Leonard Part 6. I was the pariah of my family at Thanksigiving when I refused to sit with them while they watched a DVD of a putridly bad "Mollywood" (Mormon film) pic.