Your advice about getting iP5..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miragebg, Dec 22, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2009
    I have 4S in perfect visual and working condition with AppleCare until 09.12.13.
    I am still under heavy consideration what to do, so I need a bit of your help and opinions.
    I have read that 5S is coming sooner than expected (may be before the summer?), so what is smarter decision - to get 5 now and sell my 4S or wait until 5S appears and buy it. I wouldn't be as much doubted as if this consideration was happening two months ago, but now which move is worthier?
  2. macrumors P6

Aug 17, 2007
    I'd keep the 4S. I don't always have to have the latest and greatest, and to me there really isn't a big enough difference to warrant going to the 5.
  3. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Dec 5, 2012
    Keep the 4S - I've heard a lot of complaints about it. Things ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi/battery issues. You're better off purchasing the iPhone 5S when that rolls around -- by then, Apple will have had enough time to smooth out all of the problems people have been experiencing with the first phone.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd keep the 4s also. I have't had any sort of negative experience with the 5, but the 4s is perfectly adequate until the 5s is released.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2012
    My brother just upgraded from his 4S to a 5 and he says it wasn't really worth it. The 5 seems to be just as fast as the 4S, at least for the stuff he does on his mobile, which is mainly Facebook, some browsing, music, texting and calls.

I, for one, still use my 4 and the features on the newer iPhones so far haven't been able to convince me that I need a newer one.
  6. macrumors member

Dr Sam Beckett

Dec 19, 2012
    just depends on what you use your phone for. i for one. my iphone 5.. you dont see much performance increase other than LTE..which i have true unlimited with VZW and unlimited that alone is worth it to me for an unlimited mobile 50 mbps connection... I love the new form factor.. much lighter and thinner but thats about it.

So if the above arent important.. then just wait for the 5s or 6
  7. macrumors G4

Nov 7, 2007
    New Sanfrakota
    You'll hear a lot of complaints about the iPhone 5S ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi battery issues, only because they're over-amplified here :rolleyes:
  8. macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012
    Exactly. The novelty has worn off. 10 kids in your block already have one, so... unless there is a MUST-HAVE feature to you, or ur not happy with 4s, why?
  9. macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2012
    True. Same thing with every previous iPhone. Understandably, people are more likely to express their issues with the product here than their lack of issues.
  10. macrumors regular

Mar 22, 2010
    OK, USA

If you can live without those, you're good.
  11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2009
    Thank you all , guys!
    I will most probably keep my 4S and will wait to see what 5S brings up..
    Of course, by this time if there is some irresistible attractive offer for my beloved 4S, I will take an advantage of it.
    Thank you all one more time!