Your Best Halo/Halo 2 Multiplayer Moment

Discussion in 'Games' started by ieani, Jan 19, 2006.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

I was playing Swords on Beaver Creek with a group of 16 online. I went around back of the red fortress and there were two guys from the a team in front of me so I attacked and killed. But as I attacked other people from other teams arrived who I killed and also teammates were respawning in front of me. I just continued assassinating everyone in sight with a chaotic stroke of my arm until I reached a Kilamanjaro (7+), which is as high as it goes. I had 8 kills all within 4 sec of one another.

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I don't have time right now to write out my story gotta head to class now, but it is a good one. I am reserving this space for when I get back.

Edit: Ok, back. Mine is sorta similar to Onizuka's. I was playing team slayer online and my three teammates dropped out a few minutes into the game. The score was 22-20, their lead. After realizing my teammates left, I hide in a corner and just waited. I was able to kill two guys before they killed me, then once I respawned they got me again. I was able to hide again, and this time the first person that came to me was in a ghost, I managed to take him out with grenades and he happen to have both the rockets and the sniper. As soon as I got those, I saw two more guys coming and I rocketed the first, sniped the second. Then I ran to a second hiding spot, and there was only about 30 seconds left in the game. One more guy came and I used my last rocket, and then the game ended, I won 26-24. All I have to say was that it was pretty quiet after the game looking at the stats.

3. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I have so many...

There was one time where It was a 5 on 5 match, all four of my teammates left me. This was on Collossus in the old days when a Sniper Rifle was still on the top balcony. I grabbed a shotty and the sniper rifle, and owned them 42 to 11.

Another time, I was in a matchamde game, and it was Assault on Terminal. I drove the warthog with a gunner and the bomb guy, took a sharp right turn over the bridge, where the train barely missed us. the the bomb guy and I hopped out, I was there to cover him and the gunner kept firing at the Cov Tank to keep him busy. We armed it a few seconds later. We won 2-0 by pulling the same thing again our second time around.

I have so many good times on that game. I can't even remember them all.

One of the funniest is when we were on that sandy level with the ribcage. I was walking up the hill and heard a warthog coming. I chucked a grenade about 6 or 7 yards in front of me, as it blew up I saw the warthog fly over my head, the front of it pointing down and nearly killing me, I turned around to see it clear the entire hill and kill two of their teammates at the bottom, and I shot it with a rocket killing the other three inside (getting out of it). The funniest part is that I could hear the guys screaming as they went over head. lol

4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Not my best moment but one of my favorites. I played my friends on my floor 3 on 1 and beat them 50 to 22. Another good one was the Kilamanjaro with only 10 people playing. Granted some of them I got lucky with their bad spawn points but it was a Kilamanjaro nonetheless.

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

My favorite moment was in a team objective game. Their whole team was guarding their base one with a rocket, one in the Wraith tank, one in the Ghost, and the fourth off in the shadows sniping. In this formation they had been veritably owning us whenever we got anywhere near them. I dropped down on the rocket guy from above and assassinated him, grabbed the launcher and took out both vehicles for a not too spectacular but wonderfully amusing triple kill before receiving an express mail head shot from the sniper.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I only play LAN in Halo. online, whilst benefiting with the big screens, is just horrible with its lag, the fact you can't effortlessly communicate without having your entire internet connection slow down and increase lag...

best moment? me and my brother once hosted a 13 player multiplayer match. all the local gamers were here. was brilliant!
    we were on Capture the Flag. my team in my bedroom, the others in my brothers and sisters room. we're all whispering backwards and forwards... my brother kept sneaking past my door as a spy. its pretty tense. we all go silent. nerves on edge as we're in this big stalemate. everyones hiding, crouching, out of sight... then Craig (not on my team) sneaks past us, grabs our flag and starts singing "Hi ho! Hi ho! its off to work we go!" in his operatic voice.

we all just fell over whilst he scored :eek:

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

don't play halo so i simply post my other ego shooter multiplayer finest moments:

UT '99 mountain top
    3 friends in the LAN and 6-8 bots
    cap set at 15 kills
    finishing the round in less than 0:50 seconds with a 15:0 score not once but 3 times in a row after a few very normally balanced and close games was perhaps the most unbelievable thing ever happend to me

Day of defeat: Avalanche or Caen
    the famous "surprising turn arounds".. get two good players with some sense for timing and point capturing and let the fun begin

Day of defeat: killing 3 allies with a single kar98 bullet

8. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster

Probably an awesome LAN CTF in Sidewinder. Our team launched a big assault with 14 people playing. We had both warthogs and snipers backing, against basically their entire team with rockets and snipers. Awesome battles, with some actual teamwork.

Or maybe shotguns, snipers, pistols, and rockets on Hang 'Em High. Pure joy.

9. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

No way. You're forgetting the grenade too right?

10. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

Everytime I play, I set new standards for the rest of the world to vainly try to meet.

11. steelfist macrumors 6502a

well the best momemnts for me aren't as impressive as compared to you experts. what do you expect a guy who plays halo demo on his ibook once a month?

well, i was at a friends house, and we played halo 2. i had a shotgun, and with it i killed three people at the same time, two of them having swords and another having twin pistols. i threw a stickey gernade at one of the guys who has a sword who is charging at me, and then immediatly looked at the radar to find two people right behind me. i instantly turned around and there was another guy with a sword and i aimed at his head with the shotgun and blew his head off. right at that moment i heard a boom behind :p if i didn't press the trigger .005 seconds earlier, the second guy with the sword would have killed me :eek: . when the body that was blown away was in midair, i spotted the second guy right behind him and i used the shotgun to smack him dead.

it was so fast and i think it all happened within 1.5 seconds. so it was all these moves in successoion, producing the sounds:
    *throw**bang**boom**smack*.

i still humbly consider myself a noob though.

another instance i saw was seeing my friend kill people with swords and rocket launchers by shooting them very accuratly from affar with a pistol. so this guy sees a guy with a sword and instantly zooms in and shot a couple of times and he's down. another guy fires a rocket and my friend instantly jumped and evaded the rocket and then kills him with the pistol.

it's funny when you throw stickey gernades at people with powerful weapons, see a little blue fire on their chest and see them fly. :D

12. takao macrumors 68040

takao

nope ... no grenade
    i have 2 with 1 bullet quite often ... but having 3 enemies lined up exactly doesn't happen that often ;)

13. Porshuh944turbo macrumors 6502

Best moment (there are so many) was probably playing 2v2 matches with my roommate MadArab, Zyos, and Proteus at our house on LAN. Yeah, that's right, Matt Leto aka Zyos, world champion Halo player (among other things). :cool:

Probably got some videos and pictures I could dig up...

Or there was the very first tournament I hosted at the LAN Center I helped my buddy start. It' didn't last long due to financial problems, but we had several great Halo tournaments in the DFW area. Best players from the Southwest area, including Zyos, Proteus, Cpt Kickass, PacMan, MadArab, Yoda, KaotiK, Killer N, M3Z, Nimerix, all the SA guys, etc..

14. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Time to get off the AOL connection, dude.

15. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

once spawned right next to a bunch of red's on a ctf game, and assassinated two of them and stuck one and the explosion killed both of them, 4v4 zanzibar.

16. grizzlybrice macrumors regular

grizzlybrice

I have two...

the first is throwing a sticky grenade on the Ascension map and sticking the flyer all the way on the other side of the map. I just looked up and hurled it. Nailed it. Destroyed.

The other. Me and my roommate were playing multiplayer a while back (since graduated to WoW) and we got the opportunity to do Phantoms on Midship. So much fun. Our two teammates quit right away, because it's a sucky game configuration, but we made the most of it. We hid in one room at each corner and ducked. When a member of the opposite time came by we would sneak up behind them, stick a sticky grenade on them and go back to hiding. We could hear them chatting and wondering where we were and we watched as they searched and searched for us, only to when they decided to split up, stick the next guy who came into the room. It was the most energizing game I've ever had, and we didn't really do anything!

I believe we won by 3 or so kills. Time limit reached.

B

17. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

My best Halo 2 moment was buying the game at 12am at EBGames!