your fav mac (that you own)

Discussion in 'Community' started by joetronic, Jan 14, 2005.

1. joetronic macrumors 6502

For all of you out there that have more than one mac, What is your most used, or favorite one you have and why.

I Currenty have 3 Macs, with a Mac mini on the way(if it ever gets shipped,) but my iBook G3 (dual USB model) is by far my most used. Basically becuase its a laptop, and I always have it with me. And in turn since I use it the most, I guess you could says its my favorite. I always seem to catch myself using over my iMac G5 or my PM G5.

So whats yours.

2. iGav macrumors G3

You don't know how much I hate Macs at the moment... especially ones made out of Titanium.

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

Sorry to hear that, iGAV. I'm on my favorite Mac right now - my 1GHz Ti PowerBook. Not so say I don't enjoy my iMac, but that's at home and, well, just doesn't get the same use (plus I have to share that one).

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

iGav, read your other thread, and your situation sux, like you need someone to tell you that. It would seem Apple is not honoring their applecare in UK, if infact the contracts state they would pick it up. A local solicitor may be in order.

On subject, my 12" PBG4 1.33! Haven't touched my G4 450 DP in 7 months, sits next to my bed ready to go though. My 1.25ghz eMac comes in a close second, the kids beat on it, and it rarely needs attention (I have them on the simple finder).

5. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i owned a IIsi, a performa 6300 and now an Al 15" PB, 1,5 GHz. I'm using only the PB because I left the performa back in Europe. But i liked the performa most because it was the first really fast comp i owned. i could scroll through my 120 pages PhD thesis in Mac Write Pro without any problem and I had tons of images in there. At the time it was much faster than any wintel/word machine i ever saw. I think i was running 6.1.7 not sure anymore, but it never crashed on me. it also was a tower with some awsome sound built
    in.

andi

6. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

The 12-inch powerbook (1.33GHz)! So light and fast!

Earlier both Powerbook Duo 280 and Beige G3 Tower (with AV) has been favorites..

The Performa 6300 must have runned 7.5.3 or newer, possibly 7.6.1?
    The 6300 was a desktop, 6400 was a tower with builtin subwofer.

7. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

None of my macs are my favourite computers. My iBook has proven unreliable and my PowerMac crashes often too. My favouite machine would have had to have been my last PC i built in its own custom enclosure to match my rack of stereo gear. That was a sweet machine.

Not to say that i dont love OS X.

8. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

you are right. i had the subwoofer model. i really don't remember the system anymore since i didn't use it for 3 years now. what a shame.......

i hope iworks pages will be as good, fast and simple compared to word as mac write pro was in its time. then one would outperform a 3.4 GHz Pentium with a mac mini.

andi

btw: how comes that you remember all this models/specs?

9. spikeovsky macrumors member

spikeovsky

I'm sure there are many people around here who know FAR too much about various models/specs off the tops of their heads. :D

10. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Well I LOVE my AlBook 1.5Ghz 15". Beautaful and perfect for my needs. However, I still have a bit of a soft spot for my old pm6500/275. That was a trusty machine that we had as our only one for 5 or 6 years.

I keep trying to come up with uses for it now, if ony it had more expandebility. I may upgrade it to play some of my OS 9 games that don't take to well to classic (Sim City 3000), I just wish it was more expandable. It might be cheaper to just get a B+W G3 though :( .

11. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

iGav, what happened to your tiBook?

vSpacken

oh, and my favorite Mac is my maxed out SE/30

12. iGav macrumors G3

The first thing I did was check the AppleCare Terms and Conditions, they've worded it so that the 'Service' is subject to change. :(

Look here :(

Anyway as it's my only Mac, I suppose it's my fav... usually :rolleyes:

Although that wasn't always the case, when I got my first Titanium in early '01 I wasn't sure if I liked it's aesthetics, well not the design as such, more the 2 tone silver/grey, love it now though. I do like the new ones as well, but I'm not a fan of the silver keyboards, kind of makes the whole design lack a degree of contrast.

I always fancied a 20th Anniversary Mac, a superb piece of product design was that! :)

13. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I've owned about 15+ macs. My best friend had a Performa 6400 for several years. I also have an ability to remeber specs on almost everything that I'm interested in. That includes almost macs, electric guitars and 16-21' boats made in northern europe..

14. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

My favorite is my iPod Photo.....oh wait, that's not a Mac:)

My iMac G5 I would say.....over my 17" PB.....but it's close.

My favorite of all time is my 15" 800MHz iMac G4 SuperDrive. I waited 2 months for that to be delivered and it was WELL WORTH IT. I've had lots of Macs over the years but became a Mac fanatic b/c of that iMac G4:)

15. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Only have Apple notebooks and I don't have a favourite. Both have a purpose and work well. :)

The KEYBOARD and TRACKPAD are the main reasons why I love notebooks. :)

16. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I have a PowerMac MDD 1GHz G4 and and AL PB 1.5GHz. The powerbook wins hands down as I can take it anywhere. I can surf while watching the TV, catch up on the news whilst having breakfast. The PowerMac is too noisy, but it is attached to a 23" display so it does get used for Photoshop and FCE projects a lot, but the Powerbook is my favorite.

17. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

that sucks, I hope everything still works out fine. I had problems with my tiBook myself... first the HD died and one month before warrenty expired, the battery went down (Apple sent me a new one, but not until I got mad at them on the phone...)

I know what you're talking about... the "alu on alu design" just doesn't do it for me. I love the black keys and the two toned grey on my ti. that's why I have a spare black Pro Keyboard with the german keys at hand in order to type long papers and stuff (my powerbook has the U.S. layout and I have my system set on U.S. english...) just to make sure it matches the tiBook aesthetically ;)

vSpacken

18. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

The one that I get the most use out of would be my PB (mostly because of processor speed and graphic design). So, I guess that would be my most used.

My favorite would be the iMac in my sig. Don't really know why, may be because it was bought when that style was still a dream to behold and have.

I wouldn't mind powering up my old 550 again for some small OS 7.X games and software that I miss.

19. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

It's kinda tough between the iMac and my iBook... I mean I like my iBook and all, but the trackpad just isn't the same, having used a mouse my entire life, and I think I probably would have went with the 12" screen as opposed to the 14"... Same res, but lighter and more compact... What was I thinking? :rolleyes: Both great machines, but given the speed and widescreen, I'd have to pick the iMac for overall favorite-ness :p

20. 3Memos macrumors 6502

My 12" PowerBook with Superdrive and Airport Extreme. I love it so much I take it to bed with me. It hardly ever complains, is quiet, and loves to sing to me. :p

21. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

:D

I love my PowerBook G4, 1.33GHz, 768MB of RAM.

But I still like this old, PowerTower Pro 225... OS 8.6..... :)