Your Favorite Burger

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Ok, I know, we're still doing the pizza one, but I had an opportunity to try In and Out Burger here in San Diego for the first time in over 10 years on the recommendation of RowerCPU. It wasn't bad, but there is a local chain in DC that I think is a bit better, especially the fries, but we'll leave fries for another thread.

The DC chain is called Five Guys and they have no more than 10 locations, if that. But they do a better job of burgers than anyone else. And I was checking on line at Zagat's. DCs top rated burger place is Five Guys and LAs tops rated burger place is In and Out Burger. But Five Guys is rated a bit above.

Anyone else got a favorite?

Attached Files:

2. Hozie macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2003
    I'm partial to Johnny Rocket's myself, although being from Brussels, Belgium, a stack of rounded cardboard plates stuck together with compound glue molded in a shape vaguely resembling a burger would be better than the local stuff...
  3. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    Oh damn, there's this great place on the southside of OKC near the old A&W place that makes 12" pie burgers and they are sooooooooooo good.
    Eating burgers in slices is way different than eating them like normal, I just wish I could remember the name, what the hell is up with me and my memory lately, jeez!?[​IMG]
  4. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2002
    When eating at In 'n Out, it is important to order "off the menu" items. These unpublished gems are what make the place great.

Fries 'Well Done' are much better than their base fries.

Get your burger 'Animal Style' in any size you wish (I usually go 4 x 4).

Neopolitan shakes are okay, but I still go for straight chocolate.
  5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I ordered an In 'n Out "veggie" burger once and got a surprise. It's not a burger with a veggie patty or a fake-meat patty like other places offer. It's a regular burger minus the patty: bun, lettuce, tomato, etc. That's all. A salad in a bun!

The "secret menu" items are reportedly as follows:

Animal style - bun grilled with mustard and sauteed onions, plus pickles and extra special sauce

Choco-vanilla swirl shake - two flavors

Double meat - Double Double without cheese

Flying Dutchman - two meat patties with two slices of cheese

Fries well done - extra crispy and brown

Grilled cheese - cheeseburger without meat

Neopolitan shake - chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry

Old fashioned style - ketchup and mustard instead of special sauce

Protein style - burger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun

Wish burger - veggie burger, no meat

2x4 - 2 meat patties and 4 slices of cheese

4x4 - 4 meat patties and 4 slices of cheese
  6. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    i recently went to an in an out burger for the first time...the sandwhichs were great but i just loved the menu...
    double burger

thats it!!! hehe i thought it was for the best buger place...nothing beats fred's, a whole in the wall place near chicago
  7. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Don't be so hard on yourself, take a deep breath! ;)
  8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    I gotta agree on the In-n-Out menu and "in"-ordering things.

But, damn, Nipsy! A 4x4!?!?! I'm a big dude and a double-double is plenty for me. :eek:
  9. mc68k macrumors 68000

Apr 16, 2002
    my favorite burger is the one i can make from 93% lean beef at home.

my favorite fast food burger is the double double in n' out burger with sautéd onions.

my favorite from a restaurant so far was at claim jumper
  10. krhodus macrumors member

Dec 16, 2001
    Dublin, OH
    My fav burger is probably 3-4 steatburgers form Steak and Shake. That place rox.
  11. DaedalusDE macrumors regular

Jul 15, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    ok, anyone living on long island should agree with me on this one... All American Hamburger in Seaford/Massapeaqua...

not only is the food amazing, but its cheap as all hell... 5 buxx can get you 3 cheesburgers, fries, and a shake... you just cant beat that!
  12. SilvorX macrumors 68000

May 24, 2002
    'Toba, Canada
    my favourite would be the double nip by the local restaurant franchise called Salisbury House, which is owned by Canadian rock legend Burton Cummings (of the Guess Who), they have delicious burgers (they call them nips), hopefully the restaurant chain goes national here in canada since their food is so good :)
    for 6 bux canadian i can get a double (or tripple, i forget) nip, fries, and a yummy :D
  13. medea macrumors 68030

Aug 4, 2002
    Madison, Wi
    original gardenburgers. cooked on the grill or pan.