Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amani

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Sacramento, CA
To honor the developers in our community, I thought we should post our favorite freeware/shareware appication. I wish I had the skills that developers have. I still can't even write an original Applescript.

But anyway, here's one my favorite so far:

iTunes Controller I like almost anything I can put in the menu bar of the Finder. This little sucker is the best way to listen to Tunes. You stop and play cuts, skip back and forth between cuts, and have access to your playlists. It puts you in control!

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Wiretap by Ambrosia SW is one of my favorite freeware apps. Wiretap records the audio on your computer. I use it a lot to grab the audio from iTunes internet radio stations and off of DVD movies.

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
Synergy and AdiumX are the two I really use the whole time and would be annoyed if I had to live without. I always recommend them to everyone who's new to mac.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
Abstract said:
That sidetrack thing seems cool. Since I don't know much about this stuff, I have to ask: Can I uninstall it just by throwing it into the rubbish bin?
No, it installs a bunch of little things in the library, so you have to use the search function to find the all and delete them. But I'm fairly sure that they are all called "sidetrack.[something]", so it's not too hard to find them. The only problem is that it's still in beta, so the beta expires in november.

winwintoo

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2003
Has to be Free Ruler

When you're working on a web page and the *divs* don't line up, fire up this little gem and measure exactly what you need to do.

m

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.