Your Favorite iLife App?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doo-hik-ee, Jan 14, 2007.

?

Your Favorite iLife app?

1. iMovie

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. iDVD

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. iWeb

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Garageband

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. iTunes

33 vote(s)
    51.6%
  6. iPhoto

14 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. doo-hik-ee macrumors member

Just curious as to which iLife applicaiton everyone enjoys the most, so which one?

2. gavd macrumors 6502a

3. doo-hik-ee thread starter macrumors member

Cool, well, I chose Garageband. I'm not sure how much others appreciate it, but, I think it is fabulous. I spend hours on it recording my music, and if you know what you're doing you can make beautiful stuff with it. Kudos to Garageband.

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Same here. :)

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

iTunes, no contest. For someone who's grown up spending literally hundreds of hours compiling mixed tapes for walkman and car stereo use during the 80s, iTunes is a wet dream... ;)

iPhoto is the only other iLife application I'm using at the moment. I might use iMovie/iDVD if I get a (new) video camera, but I don't think I'll ever use GarageBand, since I don't make music, nor iWeb, as I make my websites in TextWrangler.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Shoulda had a poll...

EDIT: Shoulda looked up...

7. doo-hik-ee thread starter macrumors member

Haha, nice.

8. ForeverUnknown macrumors regular

iTunes. I haven't gotten around to playing with the others yet.

9. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Well um, I guess I have to say iTunes, although I don't really see it as part of iLife (since it's available free separately and has been around for much much longer). iPhoto is also nice. I don't use any of the other apps.

10. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

11. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

This is a tough one as when i go and do a "project" i tend to use garageband and iMovie, while listening to music from iTunes. I love the integration between them, probably the best part. Each app i really good by itself but the integration means i can take it to the next level without even thinking about it. Makes sense?

12. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

iTunes. No, iPhoto. No, no! GarageBand! Aigh!! Why must Apple make it so hard to decide?? :mad: :p

13. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

iPhoto is fairly useless to me, as I'm accustomed to using photoshop for serious editing.

But as far as video making goes, I'm a mere hobbyist, and iMovie is enough to suit me for that. Some plugins would be nice though.

14. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

iPhoto is more of a library then an editor (although it has some very rudimentary editing functions), if you need some serious editing, then you can set iPhoto to use an external editor, e.g. Photoshop.

15. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Should iTunes count as an iLife app, seeing that just about everybody, PC or Mac, has it?

If it doesn't count, GarageBand is my favourite. You get so much product for such little money! People who have bought recording software other than GarageBand know just how much of a godsend it is

16. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

true, but if it had a real mixing window and VST support, it'd be even better!;)

Me, I'd go with iWeb, because my mom uses it for her blog...

17. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

itunes should not be counted as a iLife App - good as it is, it's free from Apple

iMovie got my vote:cool:

18. Queso macrumors G4

iMovie here. Even though I use iTunes every day, iMovie is the one I get most enjoyment from whilst using it. iTunes is just something that runs in the background.

19. thestaton macrumors 6502

I use iTunes non stop, which is why I voted for it. However I enjoy using iMovie the most, and I really love iPhoto. Could not imagine living without any of them really.

20. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

I agree with those that have said iTunes should be considered separately from iLife as that is how it is packaged (and promoted) by apple.

For me, it's iPhoto hands down. Especially with the third party plug-ins for Shutterfly, Flikr, and Keyword Assistant, it's become extremely useful for organizing those thousands of photos. Plus my grandmother can't get over the cool calendar I gave her :D Priceless.

21. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

The poll would have been more interesting if it didn't include iTunes. It appears to be stealing most peoples votes (including mine :p ), plus it's no longer included in iLife.

Also, iWeb doesn't seem to receiving much loving. Could it be because it's the newest addition to iLife and therefore isn't on as many peoples Macs as the others?

22. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

iTunes

My vote is for iTunes but second is Garageband (since iTunes is free and not really part of iLife)

23. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Count me with those who don't consider iTunes a real part of iLife. I use iTunes constantly, but I voted for iPhoto for that reason. The other iLife apps are perfectly fine, I just don't use them.