Your favorite laptop bookbag?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GULCkid, Apr 5, 2005.

1. GULCkid macrumors member

If your friend just got a 15" powerbook and wanted a laptop bookbag to take the PB everywhere he goes, which one would you recommend?

Right now the brenthaven professional applebackpack is my favorite. What's yours?

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I have a targus. It has plenty of room and lots of pockets. It was only $50, and it is really well padded.

3. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I love my Brenthaven. I wouldn't use anything else.

5. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

6. PretzelFreak macrumors newbie

7. TrashCanDan macrumors member

Ive had the pleasure of totin my 15" PB in this Burton Conceal bag and its perfect. Comfortable padding, more than enough space, and best of all...secures and conceals my PB :D

8. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

I have yet to see a backpack that I like. They all look kinda goofy to me.

9. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Love my Brenthaven backpack - I've had it for almost 2 years, drag it with me everywhere nearly everyday and it still looks like new. Tons of storage and padding. Sure it looks plain but it also doesn't scream, "I have $5,000 of gear in here - steal me!"

10. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I have the Kensington Apple Logo Saddle Bag, and I love it. It is nice and padded to protect my iBook, and it is roomy to store just about anything I want to put in it. It's very durable and it looks great. I highly recommend it.

11. solaris macrumors 6502a

solaris

12. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Brenthaven is soooo ugly. If you're at all style-conscious check out Waterfield Designs. Very expensive but very well made, and they look awesome. :)

13. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

those do look nice.... too bad they dont make any backpacks..... I dont know why, but I just feel like all of these one strap bags and messangers look kinda dorky... prolly just me though. Im looking for a smaller backpack thats not too small and doesnt have a ton of pokets and just looks normal... not like that crumpler sillyness. Maybee I should just buy a sleeve and put it in a regular backpack.

14. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Funny, that's how I feel about backpacks. :p

In that case I would recommend STM. They also make a great sleeve.

15. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

I bought a sleeve from SFbags.com and use a backpack from EMS. Works well for me. Has plenty of pockets and isn't bulky.

16. vixapphire macrumors 6502

even though i don't have an "oxygen8" keyboard controller, i bought the M-Audio laptop bag and it's wonderful. It's got tons of pockets and places for pens, phones, cd's, etc., and you can carry it by the top handle, backpack straps or shoulder strap. It holds a 15" comfortably at the same time as several books (or in my case, full-legal-length files) where the oxygen8 is supposed to go. it's a great one for people who need to carry more than just the computer.

paid about $60- at guitar center, in line with what competing (but far less capable) sleeves/packs cost.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudioPack-main.html

17. johnnowak macrumors 6502

I second. They're all you see in Greenwich Village, NYC. Dead sexy bags.

18. johnnowak macrumors 6502

Are you still in high school? Backpacks in college look truly stupid. In high school though, they'd probably all call you "gay" if you had messenger bag... :rolleyes:

19. Mr. G4 macrumors 6502

Mr. G4

But can they take a 5 foot drop :)
    Last year when I attended the WWDC the guy from Brenthaven put his 15" Aluminum in the backpack, closed it, raise his arm straight in front of him and drop the bag on the concrete. He open the back took out the PB, no dent nor scratch, then he open the screen and everything still work.
    It used to cost $179+tax now it's only $129+tax. It worth every penny of it.
    I have one for my 17" PB, so does my wife for her 15". We love it.

20. Qianlong macrumors regular

Attached Files:

21. sinisterdesign macrumors 6502

sinisterdesign

want style?

i looked at quite a few bags for my new 15" PB, but i wanted something w/ style (it's the designer in me). this is what i ended up with:

http://www.tumi.com/products/index....e_id=3&TMI_PL_3_Link=Details&categoryid=13015

tumi makes great bags & this one looks just beautiful w/ the aluminum PB. the only difference from the photo and the real thing is that the strap is a really slick aluminum color also...