Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
well my first mac. the one i currently own.
see sig for details.

:) it changed my life :)

now my girl friend teases me about being in a cult.

azrussell132

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2005
Phoenix Arizona
My favorite, so far, of ALL the computers I've owned is my 17" PB. But, I have to admit whenever I sit down at my Emac I realize all over again what a bargain this machine was. Fast enough for me...stylish...low cost...and most of all reliable as hell.

BiggeeC

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2002
Gaithersburg, MD
My favorite is my ibook. That little sucker has lasted me for 3 years now. Been dropped 2 times, no damage. If it wasn't for that darn logic board issue(oh well, I got reimbursed, plus a free upgrade to Panther--Thanks Apple!)

But, I have to say, my favorite, dream machine would have to be the TiBook. I just love the way that thing looks. I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if I had it.

me_94501

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2003
Gotta be my first Mac--a Mac Plus. The thing has been a workhorse; I've even churned out a paper or two on it as late as 2003! :eek:

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I've only had a few Macs...

A Performa, with built-in display. Unfortunately, I can't remember what model it was. Then I had a iBook G4, Mac Mini, and Powerbook.

Right now I'm on the Powerbook, and it is easily the best Mac I have ever owned. Combined with the 20-inch cinema display, it is a dream. :)

pammyspyce

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2005
Bay Area, Calif
Even though I didn't own one when the came out, I love the fruity iMacs. My husband even snagged me a poster from his company's IT department that hung in our kitchen for 3 years. But I still didn't switch until this year. Now my kids to get have a cute iMac, although I went with Snow so it would support Tiger.

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
The one I own, my first mac.

--
Desktop.jpg

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
powerbook911 said:
Right now I'm on the Powerbook, and it is easily the best Mac I have ever owned. Combined with the 20-inch cinema display, it is a dream. :)
I hear you brother :p! I had a TiBook previously but I love my little 12" powerbook with 20" ACD to death.

img_8748.jpg

2Cheap2Switch

macrumors member
May 16, 2005
Stanford
My favorite one is the current and only mac that I've ever had (12 pb). Soon I will have a mac mini from a bet though, however I don't think it'll replace this bad boy.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Favorite Macs:

LC 520 - first Mac I ever saw & used. Used it to write a story.
LC III - in my 8th grade math class, it had this awesome equation game where you hit green dots by writing equations. I cheated and used a sine wave ... ahh the memories.

Favorite Apple Computer (non-Mac):

the Apple II/e. Logo, Oregon Trail ... it was AWESOME.

angellissie

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2005
Las Vegas
My favorite computer is my new ibook G4 1.42 Ghz. This is my first ever mac and i've been bugging my mom with all the windows trashing i've been doing since I switched. :p

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Loved my old 145b Powerbook. I used it for SEVEN YEARS until I bought my 400mhz Tibook. Loved that little machine; it was so sturdy and keyboard so easy to use. But do have to say I love the Tibook -- have had all from 400 to 500 to 667 to 1gig. It is a substantial feeling machine as well, though would not survive the way that ancient pb would during a fall.

I guess I love the laptops. I had a Classic, an LCIII, an iMac G3 but they are really desk hogs. Now my current situation is a new iBook 14" which I love and a Tibook for backup.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Back from the Dead...

I'm bringing this thread back because I was just thinking of starting a similar one. :eek:

My favorite mac I've ever owned was my 12" 1 Ghz powerbook. I was just thinking today how I miss that little guy...

And additionally:

best ipod you've ever owned? I'd have to go with my nano, but my 2G mini is a really close second. Absolutely amazing battery life and so durable it never got scratched or scuffed even with no case.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
My iBook G4 was my favorite...it was so durable, I could pack it into my backpack without worry or even take it around school without a case. Sure, it wasn't a speed demon (it definitely feels slow whenever I use it now...) but it was a very good machine, and the internet was blazing fast. Oh, and the battery life kicked butt.

My MacBook Pro is nice...but everytime I pick it up it feels like the back might crack (it bends...which is wierd...). The build quality just isn't as durable as the iBook. However, the thing is fast...and hot...

Best iPod would also be the nano. I own the 5G iPod as well, and as nice as it is...the nano is so damn cool!

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
My favorites are the Macintosh (original), the iMac G3 in tangerine, and the new slim iMac.

I remember... the computer lab when I was in elementary school had a tangerine iMac and I thought it was the coolest computer in the world.* :)

*Yeah, I'm young.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
I know I posted my 1.42Ghz iBook that I still own, but I'm gonna have to say the truth - PowerBook G3 Pismo is the bomb. :D

Mernak

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
Kirkland, WA
This is a tough one... gotta say my current iBook G3 even though the iMac G4 was also awesome. Only reason i say the ibook is my favorite is because when we got the iMac G5 i got theb choice of either(same processor speed and RAM too) but i went for the instead (i cant be tied to my desk)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.